• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • HamsterStyle

Master
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Jul 27, 2010
    Carthage
    Well I broke down and bought an Izula from Knife Lady at the last 1500. I went in not knowing a thing about knives. I still don't really know squat about them but I do own a quality one now. Knife lady took the time to answer my questions even though it was extremely busy and people were lined up. She also didn't try and upsell me on something I didnt need/want. I greatly appreciate that and highly respect that in a sales person. Huge plus one to her.

Now to the knife. I knew I wanted an Izula because I accidentally clicked on the cutting edge section on here and stumbled across some threads and pictures of them. I didn't know why I wanted it or what I would ever use it for but I knew I wanted it. I got one with the kit. I wasn't sure how it would be to carry as I have always carried a cheap folder with a pocket clip. It carries great. I carry it right next to my G27 at 3:00. Well, I haven't wanted to use it on anything really because I didn't want to hurt it. :laugh: after visiting lovemywoods' place this weekend and seeing a couple of "Tyler's trees" I decided I needed to start using this thing. Tonight I went to mow the grass out behind the fence and was reminded when I got back there that there was still a downed tree I cut down last fall. So I picked up a 3" thick piece of the tree and started beating on the knife and cutting through it. Man, I was impressed. I've never used a knife in that way before and I am a firm believer in this thing now. I have also determined that I no longer want an ESEE 3 or 4, but I NEED one. :laugh:

Here's a couple pictures of it (nothing special)

c8a4fd60.jpg

e8b34872.jpg

This one you can see the fresh ends on the branches that I cut tonight with it. I probably made about 20-25 cuts from twigs up to about 2.5" diameter sticks.

2d7e85c6.jpg

Knife Lady

PROUD TO BE AN ARMY BRAT
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Mar 1, 2010
    Central USA
    Hamster thank you so much for the kind words and please feel free to stop by and see me at the 1500 I will be more than happy to set you right up with a 3 or a 4. :D

Glad you like your Izula it is a great little knife.

dubsac

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    May 31, 2009
    Indianapolis
    I too started with an Izula and my collection keeps on growing and growing. I have a RC3 if you would like to borrow it sometime to see how you like it. :D

Top Bottom