• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • j22in

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Oct 23, 2011
    Indy West
    Pardon my ignorance, but I've noticed that Esee knives are popular here on INGO. I've been looking at some online and have become interested in possibly acquiring one. Is there something in particular that makes these knives popular or superior to others? As you have already figured out, I'm not exactly a knife enthusiast or whatever the term is, so my knowledge is limited to the brands I grew up with (Buck, Gerber, etc). Thanks

Knife Lady

PROUD TO BE AN ARMY BRAT
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Mar 1, 2010
    Central USA
    If you are looking for an ESEE knife I am an ESEE dealer. Check with me for a great price.

They are in high demand because they are great knives for the money and they have a GREAT warranty and USA made. You can beat them to death and if one breaks they are replaced FREE of charge with a NO QUESTION asked replacement policy. But only if the blade BREAKS.

Last edited:

MadBomber

Master
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    Brownsburg
    If you are looking for an ESEE knife I am an ESEE dealer. Check with me for a great price.

They are in high demand because they are great knives for the money and they have a GREAT warranty and USA made. You can beat them to death and if one breaks they are replaced FREE of charge with a NO QUESTION asked replacement policy. But only if the blade BREAKS.

They are popular because they are inexpensive, preform well, and are easily available.

All of the above is true. For me, I'd love to have a badass Busse Battle Mistress made from pure unobtanium and Unicorn tears, or a Horton made in the fires of hell, but for that kind of money I can buy (and I have) an Izula, ESEE 3, 4,5, Laser Strike and Junglas and be well-suited for any knife-related task on the planet.

Are ESEE's the absolute best knife you could possibly buy? No. But, are they tough, well-made, well-priced, American-made steel that will serve you well? Hell yes. Add in the no questions asked warranty and a dealer that's one of INGO's own, and you won't regret your purchase. If you do, I'll buy it from you for what you paid for it.

Dtrap

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 24, 2011
    Indianapolis
    Esse offers a great warrantee but on top of that there knives are tough knives made from quality steel with a great heat treat. They hold an edge good and are easy to sharpen.

j22in

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Oct 23, 2011
    Indy West
    Thanks to all. I really appreciate the information and for you folks taking the time to educate me. God bless and Merry Christmas!

creativeinside

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 26, 2012
    I got one from you guys at the show last year in Valpo, I liked it for a bit but now I rarely even take it out just to big but id totally trade for a smaller one lol, just saying

Knife Lady

PROUD TO BE AN ARMY BRAT
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Mar 1, 2010
    Central USA
    http://www.eseeknives.com/ESEE-4.jpg

I do love it just needs to be a bit smaller for me

So you have the 4 and it is too big then the 3 would be too big also.
    They have the Izula and the IzulaII that is smaller and then the real small one is the Candiru. Brad will be at the next Valpo show in Feb 2013 in the same side room. Bring your 4 with you and everything you have for it and see if he can help you.

tom1025

Master
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Mar 6, 2009
    Underground
    I think you should keep the 4 and compliment it with the Izula. It's always better to have and not need it versus needing it and not having it. Once you start messing around with it in the woods and around the house you will be surprised how handy a bigger blade can be.

Knife Lady

PROUD TO BE AN ARMY BRAT
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Mar 1, 2010
    Central USA
    I think you should keep the 4 and compliment it with the Izula. It's always better to have and not need it versus needing it and not having it. Once you start messing around with it in the woods and around the house you will be surprised how handy a bigger blade can be.

AGREED. The 4 to me is not to big unless you want to wear it around your neck and even then it might not be too big... just ask RHINO :laugh:

creativeinside

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 26, 2012
    Oh i love the knife *yes a bit late back here * but it just shows to much on me when im on job sites and so forth I'm thinking the Izula would be nice. Open to a trade if anyone wants it, Sorry knifelady missed the Valpo show work is brutal right now.... comes with everything :) So many choices on this.

Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 17, 2009
    Tampa, FL
    Best bang for the buck in a production knife. I bought a Busse boss jack and honestly wasn't impressed enough for the extra cost. Were I to buy at a higher price again it would be a custom or a Randall.

creativeinside

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 26, 2012
    slight mistake on my part i have the esee 3 not the 4

But I think i want a izula, anyone up for a trade even up :) or knife lady can we work out something?

creativeinside

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 26, 2012
    Sorry for the big images I uploading from my phone oh and I have everything that came with it when I got this last year.

Whatever Pm's I got having issues reading them from the phone I'll respond back once I can get on the pc

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

5.jpg

Top Bottom