• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Knife Lady

PROUD TO BE AN ARMY BRAT
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Mar 1, 2010
    Central USA
    No but I can tell you anything with Rowen which is where the knives are made and come from will be at least 2 to 3 weeks at least. That is how long I have to wait to receive an order. I would call ESEE and ask them if they have an idea. You have to call them anyway to get the exact address to ship the knife to.

TWalker

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 31, 2010
    New Castle
    I have already called them and i forgot to ask :facepalm: They were pretty friendly and told me to print and fill out the warranty form on their website then send it to them. I was just curious if anyone else had any warranty work done. Thanks for the info btw

TWalker

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 31, 2010
    New Castle
    aqlhy.jpg
    [/IMG]

My little brother took it out into the woods and "tested it" for me brought it back like this:dunno: lol. He's only 8. He continued to use it even after the broken tip. The rest of the knife held up fine. It still has an edge.

grunt soldier

Master
    Rating - 100%
    71   0   0
    May 20, 2009
    hamilton county
    I'm glad I got a Becker BK-2. If an 8 year old can do that to Esee, i wonder what i could do to one.

we already watched the esee chew through the becker in a video you posted :) either way i would almost bet if you tried prying some dumb heavy **** with yours it would break too. the question is would beckers warranty fix it like esee will ??

i am not knocking either knife or company, just saying it can happen with any knife when used inappropriately (except busse because i hear to heat treat their knives they use a oven that was stolen from hell, plus unicorn and angel tears to quench)

either way glad the little one is ok because he pretty much had to be standing on the knife while prying to do that :)

Knife Lady

PROUD TO BE AN ARMY BRAT
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Mar 1, 2010
    Central USA
    I'm glad I got a Becker BK-2. If an 8 year old can do that to Esee, i wonder what i could do to one.

Why are you so glad you bought a Becker/Kabar over an ESEE? You don't think your BK2 can break? I will take an ESEE knife over a Becker/Kabar knife any day of the week.

I would like to know how this boy broke the tip off? :dunno:

Noone said an ESEE knife cannot be broken but it is not easy as you have seen many videos on the ESEE knives. :twocents:

Woo

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 9, 2009
    New Castle
    aqlhy.jpg
    [/IMG]

My little brother took it out into the woods and "tested it" for me brought it back like this:dunno: lol. He's only 8. He continued to use it even after the broken tip. The rest of the knife held up fine. It still has an edge.

I guess it is true, us New Castle boys can screw up anything!:D You know what the say, " if it ain't broke it ain't ours!"

I hope the youngster is OK and has maybe learned a lesson. :D

TWalker

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 31, 2010
    New Castle
    He is a pretty tough little guy. Not sure how he broke it, but i'm sure it was in a pry bar like fashion. Also this is the ESEE 6 so he could get a little more oomph behind it than a smaller one like the izula or a 3 or 4. The warranty was great no questions asked just like they advertise. I still plan on buying an izula.;)

TWalker

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 31, 2010
    New Castle
    I just received my knife from the warranty work today. Becky was really nice and answered my emails very quickly. They sent the new knife out the same day my broken knife arrived. Turn around was only 1 week from my knife being sent to the new one being in my hands. Big +1 for ESEE and their warranty service.

danielocean03

Come in, Manacle Shark.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Nov 23, 2008
    Hamilton County
    Yeah that's great! Kershaw's isn't that fast I can tell you that!

+1, Kershaw has outgrown their warranty service department. My co-worker was without his tanto blur due to a warranty issue with the speed-safe assisted opening system for over a month. My ZT 0301 went in for an annoying rattle with the blade deployed and took about three weeks to get it turned around (Also KAI - Kershaw's parent co.)

M67

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 15, 2011
    Southernish Indiana
    My little brother took it out into the woods and "tested it" for me brought it back like this:dunno: lol. He's only 8.

Even the best things have their breaking point.

Hell, I think Pelican states that they have a lifetime warrenty, but the warrenty is void against shark attack, bear attack, and children under 10.

Well, at least you got a new knife coming.

Top Bottom