• ...and so much more!
  • Dwight

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Apr 24, 2011
    Sheridan
    Hi All,

Attended a conference last week and snapped this pic during the Powerpoint presentation. The "new" Wishard is opening in December and they are preparing business contacts for all of the upcoming changes. The slide clearly states that they will operate as "a political subdivision of the State of Indiana." Furthermore, the slide notes- "operates under the statutes of the State of Indiana."

Does this mean good to go for carry?? Just want TF to be safe in at least one hospital in the State...:):

Attachments

• image.jpg
      image.jpg
      199.9 KB · Views: 74

Dwight

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Apr 24, 2011
    Sheridan
    Great question, FNS. I will double-check on that... I assume that it will as they indicated all current services will transfer to the new facility.

Trigger Time

Air guitar master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98.6%
    204   3   0
    Aug 26, 2011
    SOUTH of Zombie city
    I don't even think you can carry in the parking lot of wishard.
    I'm wonder though is that law or just policy?
    Hypothetical: I have reason to go visit someone at wishard or go to the ER, and I'm cc'ing (no one would ever know) just to keep it simple. Am I breaking the LAW or am I violating hospital policy?

92ThoStro

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 1, 2012
    Any other hospital you would.be violating.policy. but wishard has a secure.detention facility so it.is breaking the law.

92ThoStro

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 1, 2012
    I think it is something akin to bringing a firearm into a jail, introducing.contraband. VUPD would know the charge

nm0369

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    58   0   0
    Aug 8, 2012
    Indy Southside
    I've worked on/off at the new Wishard "complex" for the last 2+ years. There are three seperate buildings that can all be accessed without ever going outside. The FOB (Fifth Third office building) isn't a part of Eskenazi Health afaik, but you can make your way into the Hospital from it. It will be interesting to see how the policies are laid out....

forgop

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 29, 2012
    Southeast Indy
    I'm wonder though is that law or just policy?
    Hypothetical: I have reason to go visit someone at wishard or go to the ER, and I'm cc'ing (no one would ever know) just to keep it simple. Am I breaking the LAW or am I violating hospital policy?

They have a metal detector to go through to get in the ER, so despite cc and a valid permit, you won't be coming in.

forgop

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 29, 2012
    Southeast Indy
    I've worked on/off at the new Wishard "complex" for the last 2+ years. There are three seperate buildings that can all be accessed without ever going outside. The FOB (Fifth Third office building) isn't a part of Eskenazi Health afaik, but you can make your way into the Hospital from it. It will be interesting to see how the policies are laid out....

Access from the FOB requires a badge, but no big deal following someone with a badge.

Top Bottom