• ...and so much more!
  • Sylvain

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 30, 2010
    Normandy
    :):

Epic pictures with the patch on the beard!
    I cant wait to see the videos.
    Looks like he can open his own INGO shop now with all the stuff he got so far. ;)

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    I asked Yeager if he had ever seen Que's "1911 blue gun" video. He had. :D He thought it was funny as **** and told me to bring him down when I come, for free. ;)

Got to apprecitate someone who can laugh at themselves. Good sign.

I talked to Jeremy. He wants to go, but he's having trouble with the whole park, reverse, neutral, drive thing.

Plus the fact that he carries JFC, Jumbo Fried Chicken, around with him at all times. I assume he does this in case James Yeager is hungry.

Never A Victim

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Sep 25, 2012
    Hamilton County
    I've also taken a course from Tactical Response, as well as other places.

Tactical Response is much more than just shooting with them, its the whole experience. Its the Team Room, its the instructors, its the fighting mindset that nobody else even comes close to teaching it the way Tactical Response does. The day I left Camden, I called several cop buddies and told them how this should be required training through our department. I know it's hard to convey in a post on the internet, but this company did really change my whole outlook on training.

Near the stairs in the Team Room, there is a sheet of paper with rules. Most of it revolves around not tearing up the house, be a good house guest, etc. But the bottom of the page says "You are our family." You don't get this anywhere else. A training company can't teach this. This is how a gun related business should be run. And that's why I will continue to go back to Tactical Response. Period.

Dsgnr_81

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Oct 28, 2009
    Pendleton Indiana
    You don't have a single hair on your ass if you don't take along a box of quick mix pancake powder and some Aunt Jemima's and ask him to make you some pancakes.

bwaaaaahahahaha

But seriously, looking forwards to your AAR. Sounds like Yeager's a decent guy. He's found a way to turn his experiences into something worthwhile that he can share with those around him. And if he can make a buck doing what he loves? Nothing wrong with that.

Last edited:

Indy574

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Jun 25, 2011
    Marshall County
    I would love to take one of his classes. Maybe I can make it happen during the same time your and potentially other INGO'ers are there. Alot of ducks and dollars will need to align themselves properly though.

HICKMAN

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Jan 10, 2009
    Lawrence Co.
    It's official, after trading messages and confirming the date, I will be taking Fighting Pistol WITH Evan at Tactical Response in April.

Evan introduced me to the Fighting Pistol DVDs a couple of years ago, as we both shared a common interest in our former beloved Glocks. Since then, I've enjoyed (and hated) many of Yeager's videos over the years.

Outside of that, I have heard nothing but good things from the training. Yeager and I share a common friend who's a defense contractor that lives in Tennessee, but does a lot of work for the same customer I support and has nothing but high praise for Tactical Response, and he's been through every course they offer.

A few months ago, I set a weight loss goal with this class as my prize. Now that I've put down the money to attend... getting the most of out of this class is a main reason I will focus on getting more weight off and getting fitter.

Yeager's own weight loss and committment to martial fitness is a source of motivation for me. I have roughly four months to prepare and would like to be at least 40 pounds lighter than I am.

As part of that prep, I made a committment to my youngest to do a 5K with him, as one of his buddies was diagnosed with cancer and they are fundraising.

I plan on shooting the class with my M&P9 full size, with my M&P9c as a backup.

And yes, I'll be taking my cameras to make videos.

cedartop

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 25, 2010
    North of Notre Dame.
    40 pounds is a lot in 4 months. Be careful not to overdo things and end up with an injury or health problems that could spoil your class. Good luck and kudos for attacking the weight issue.

Captain Morgan

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 18, 2012
    terrible haute
    Hmmm, $450 plus a night or 2 in a hotel...considering it, but I should probably take some other training first. I've been shooting for years, but haven't had any formal training other than the basic rifle instruction at Air Force basic, which was almost 20 years ago.

Double T

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   1
    Aug 5, 2011
    Huntington
    Good point, I shouldn't be talking about pounds to lose...

I'll be focusing on losing fat and adding muscle.

40 pounds of fat is very doable, it's just you may gain muscle and then be disappointed.

I am also trying to lose weight. I went from drinking 88oz of mt dew to 20 oz today. Only reason I bought a bottle was to help with the caffeine headache. I'm also a horrendous snack eater.

I've switched from junk food to a banana and some pears. It's not about starving, it's making much better choices :)

Can't wait to hear an AAR from you two :)

Jackson

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 31, 2008
    West side of Indy
    Hmmm, $450 plus a night or 2 in a hotel...considering it, but I should probably take some other training first. I've been shooting for years, but haven't had any formal training other than the basic rifle instruction at Air Force basic, which was almost 20 years ago.

Don't let that hold you back. If you are comfortable with your shooting and gun handling, go ahead and take the class.

The only thing I don't like about Fighting Pistol is the way they teach accuracy. If I were going to send someone to this class, I'd want them to have a foundation of accuracy fundamentals. That would allow them to focus on all the good aspects and concepts taught in this class.

You will all have a good time.

Mudcat

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Dec 5, 2009
    Warrick county
    I highly recommend taking Fighting Pistol with your daily carry gun and your daily holster. Don't gear up for the class as in a full size blaster and OWB holster if you don't carry that way every day.
    Have fun I wish I could get away that weekend as I would be back down there but it is too close to finals week for me to make plans. Maybe I can make Blufton. Looking forward to the AAR.

45calibre

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Jul 28, 2008
    NWI

if you are quick to sign up you can stay in the team room. the first 12 people to sign up get access to it.

HICKMAN

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Jan 10, 2009
    Lawrence Co.

this class is coming to Terre Haute are in June I think.

HICKMAN

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Jan 10, 2009
    Lawrence Co.
    I highly recommend taking Fighting Pistol with your daily carry gun and your daily holster. Don't gear up for the class as in a full size blaster and OWB holster if you don't carry that way every day.

I OC one just as much as I CC the other. I may shoot one day with one then switch.

Top Bottom