• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Double T

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   1
    Aug 5, 2011
    Huntington
    Change oil and tires, basic plumbing/carpentry, roofing, clean a fish (either filet or the quick bone in method), kill for food, know how to clean said animal, basic farming/gardening, have been down and out at least once (nothing makes you man up like sleeping in your car or scraping change to feed you baby or buy diapers), know when it's best to fighter flee.

hoosierdoc

Freed prisoner
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 27, 2011
    Galt's Gulch
    A real man doesn't care if sheeple think he's a real man (as most of the posts have indirectly said)

I also remember a quote from "Real Genius" about pounding a nail. That counts as a test.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 5, 2011
    I'd say that a real man doesn't worry about making lists about what a real man is, he just knows what he should do and does it.

A real man would know, obviously, as that knowledge gives him the ability him one, but being a real man is hardly instinctive.

A real man learned how to be one from someone who was better than he was at some point. Even if he surpasses that man, he always acknowledges him for his wisdom and example.

24Carat

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 20, 2010
    Newburgh
    A real Man can sharpen his own lawnmower or bushhog blades, correctly, by quenching the blade in water before heating the temper out of the edge metal. If he is a Manly Man he goes further with an acetylene torch and gets the whole edge just past orange verging on red and then quenches it in 30 weight oil to gain an edge that will last through three mowing seasons.

sepe

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 15, 2010
    Accra, Ghana
    A real man would know, obviously, as that knowledge gives him the ability him one, but being a real man is hardly instinctive.

A real man learned how to be one from someone who was better than he was at some point. Even if he surpasses that man, he always acknowledges him for his wisdom and example.

That real man that taught him didn't make a list. If you need a list of right or wrong or need step by step guidance through your life, you're much more like a child.

RichardR

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 21, 2010
    Meh, a real man doesn't give a crap about anyone's lists about what makes a man a real man, as he already knows.

Hotdoger

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 9, 2008
    Boone County, In.
    I see a what a real man looks like everytime I look into the mirror. :D

Do you have this model majic mirror?:
    plug-play-magic-mirror-B.jpg

7th Stepper

Expert
    Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 11, 2011
    Indiana
    Ok, so far I like all the descriptions of what a "Real Man" is. There's one that's been left out, that most women look for in a "real man".

Any man can father a child.....it takes a "Real Man" to be a Daddy with everything it entails, including being a mom as well, should (God forbid) something truly awful happens to her.

And a "Great Real Man" can also love, cherish, accept, and devote his life to making his child/ren proud of him, and strive to be just like him when he/she grows up.....even if another man has biologically "fathered" the child.

I'm one of the extremely lucky ones, I found a truly "Great Real Man", not only for myself, but for my child as well. He not only is and always has been her REAL and ONLY Daddy, after her bio died, he adopted her to make her legally his as well. He'd already stepped up to the plate years before he was able to do that. Inside a courtroom the eyes of the world and the law do matter. However in real life it's the image of him in the his eyes of his child, that makes all the difference in the world!
    I think Pami would agree with me, Lars is also a "Great Real Man" as well.

Whether biological or not, they're a cut above the rest. That's not a slam or insult to anyone else, just a different side that most people don't realize or think about. It's in the category of what makes a "Real Man" who also makes a "Real Daddy" truly remarkable. They're a cut above, and for anyone who's looking for a "Real Man" take that into consideration before you choose, it's definitely an important factor. I'm positive there are a great many "Real Men" on here, I just chose the two that fall into that category that I know of. Catch them quick ladies, they're few and far between, and a "dying breed", but we seem to have an abundance of them here on INGO.

7th Stepper

Mr Evilwrench

Quantum Mechanic
    Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 18, 2011
    Carmel
    I hear you with that :) I was pretty much the mom as well as the dad even before she died, and definitely been both since, coming up 12 years.

canamscott

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 28, 2011
    LaGrange County
    A real man doesn't have to tell you why he crossed the road, finds a loose bolt and tightens it, can cut split and stack his own firewood, isn't afraid to pray out loud, finds work when it doesn't find him, can build a fire with one match or less, cooks, drives a tractor, and is not afraid to wear a kilt in public.

hoosierdoc

Freed prisoner
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 27, 2011
    Galt's Gulch
    Real men don't let the inferior out of the kitchen.

Not married, are you Sepe?

It's funny how some think the only important things in life are what they do well. Everything else is "women's work", perhaps because they're just not capable of doing it well?

sepe

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 15, 2010
    Accra, Ghana
    Nope, probably won't ever get married. Most females are lacking many things these days with a big one being class.

If the 2nd part was directed at me, well...this thread is full of stereotypes and I just figured I'd throw one out there for someone thinking I take the internet seriously. Figured if anything it would give them a reason to get all angry with the internet like they have before when I posted my opinions that were backed by several people (and not about the person that got a little worked up). That said, most of the top quality chefs in the world for the past 20 years have been men and I've been able to handle myself int he kitchen since an early age.

Mr Evilwrench

Quantum Mechanic
    Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 18, 2011
    Carmel
    Stereotypes, geez. I talked to one lady that was afraid for me when I mentioned using a chainsaw. Hate to think what she would've thought about an AR. I can jack the car up and fix just about anything on it, come inside and do some drywall, put a new circuit into the garage for a mig welder, replace the water heater, do the laundry, discuss literature, design circuitry, put a bandaid on an owie, cook a nice meal, including ethnic, like Indian or Vietnamese, and my cats love me. Am I that special?

Top Bottom