• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Smokepole

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 21, 2011
    Southern Hamilton County
    Here is another shining example of why the current Republican power structure within the Republican Party needs to go. Quick and hard.

Did the NRSC's Josh Holmes Just Cost Mitch McConnell His Primary?

And this piece which inspire the one above and is referenced in it.

Gloves Off: GOP Establishment Goes After Tea Party

The first piece was written by Dem who changed parties, voted for Reagan and remained a Republican. Telling.

I haven't supported the NRSC for years and won't. Now more than ever I think that Cruz and those like him should break off from the Republican party and start a new Conservative or Constitutional Party. Rip off the bandaid and get it over with. The vast majority of the current party would go with them and the old boys and their ilk would shrivel and die on the vine as they should. Jim DeMint and the Tea Party REALLY need to step up this process, put it in high gear and drive a stake through the heart of the current Party. When a group is doing the Democrats work for them in this way it is time for them be removed from the club and bounced on their collective head on the way out. This cabal is (has been for quite a while) part of the problem and it is time for them to go. If you're not playing to win you don't belong on the field. And these schmucks OBVIOUSLY aren't playing to win against the Dems. Just other Republicans.

I understand trying to reform the party from within, but "sometimes you just gotta say 'What the Fu#&!' "

Check out the Senate Conservatives Fund at http://www.senateconservatives.com/site the group started by Jim DeMint and is working with the Tea Party to get TRUE conservative elected in all districts and in place of the RINO's that are currently in office.

Last edited:

Blackhawk2001

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jun 20, 2010
    NW Indianapolis
    Some of us believe that, unfortunately, we don't have the luxury of abandoning the Republican Party to form an untested third party, no matter its ideological purity. If the Democrats continue to control Congress, they will place themselves in such a position of power that they may never be dislodged. So we find ourselves fighting them with one hand while fighting the internal infection of the establishment Republicans; it being better to take over the party than to try to build one from scratch.

Mgderf

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    May 30, 2009
    Lafayette
    The democratic party just needs more rope.
    It's barely in control of itself right now.

It may not look like it at this very moment, but I think the democratic party is on a self-destruct course.
    Their ideology doesn't work, and they refuse to admit it. Meanwhile, Joe Blowjimbob is seeing his work hours reduced, his health-care costs going up, groceries going up, gasoline on the rise again, and democrats want to tax some more.

"The cupboard is bare...there's nothing more to cut"
    "We don't have a spending problem, we have a revenue income problem".

Remember those jewels?

Birds Away

ex CZ afficionado.
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Aug 29, 2011
    Monticello
    So old Mitch is pulling out all the stops. Who is next in line in seniority in the Senate for minority leader? Whoever it is had better start warming up.

Smokepole

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 21, 2011
    Southern Hamilton County
    The democratic party just needs more rope.
    It's barely in control of itself right now.

It may not look like it at this very moment, but I think the democratic party is on a self-destruct course.
    Their ideology doesn't work, and they refuse to admit it. Meanwhile, Joe Blowjimbob is seeing his work hours reduced, his health-care costs going up, groceries going up, gasoline on the rise again, and democrats want to tax some more.

"The cupboard is bare...there's nothing more to cut"
    "We don't have a spending problem, we have a revenue income problem".

Remember those jewels?

Yep, and the problem is that there are now more Americans on some form of Gubmint assistance at one time than ever before. And I don't see the Progressives that are in control of the Republican Party doing anything different than they are now and the Tea Party isn't getting enough pressure on the control structure to secure change in time for the next election.

Up till now, I was of the same mind. But I am about at the last straw. The Progressives in power in the Republican Party want the same thing that the Dems do. They just differ in the way to go about it. And there aren't enough true conservatives in place yet to get the job done because the Tea Party seems to run hot and cold. They have managed to get some great people on office, but have also managed to put up a few that invite the type of criticism that make them look like kooks and the lame stream media jumps all over them, splashing them all over the front page.

If the Prog/Repubs spent as much energy taking it to the Dems as they do trying to eat their own they would hardly lose an election. Especially now. But with the likes of McConnell, Graham, McCain etc. that will NEVER happen. They aren't just RINOs, they are Dems in Republican clothing and there aren't enough Cruz's, Paul's, Lee's or DeMint's out there in office right now to get the job done. Just rip off the Bandaid and get it over with while there is still time.

Magneto

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 6, 2009
    New Albany
    I remember the times for the last 20 plus years when every right wing mouthpiece has touted the impending disaster that was waiting the Democrat party and it was only a matter of time until they imploded...yadda yadda yadda. Safe to say it isn't going to happen and you cannot pin your hopes of victory on the weakness or incompetence of you opponent. The R party is a complete mess, and it will be that way for the foreseeable future.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    scottrodgers87
    Top Bottom