• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • IndySSD

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jun 14, 2010
    Wherever I can CC le
    We already work longer, they can draw full beni's @ 65 (64.5?) and I don't believe you draw full benni's here until 67....

Anyone else find it hilarious that Greek retirement age was 53?

ruger17hmr

Shooter
    Rating - 97.1%
    33   1   0
    Jun 13, 2008
    Indy
    We already work longer, they can draw full beni's @ 65 (64.5?) and I don't believe you draw full benni's here until 67....

I'm thinking we will be working beyond age 67 in the coming years unless Washington finds the ways to reduce the budget deficit.

Westside

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 26, 2009
    Monitor World
    Live off the .gov play by there rules and stop complaining.

Or be responsible take care of yourself and play by your own retirement rules

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30

current ssa rules is a sliding scale where full retirement age is between 65 - 67 depends on you dob under 37 (i think) and 67 is the number

IndySSD

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jun 14, 2010
    Wherever I can CC le
    If you depend on the Feds for your retirement, you may well work until you drop.

I'll set my OWN retirement age, thank you very much.

Yeah same here, our plan is to retire @ 55 or whenever we have Grand kids (Our only child is only 16mos currently). The plan is to have a paid for property and 2-3 income properties by that point, have our sons college paid for and give him our current house (already paid off) as a college graduation present (given that he grows up helping me maintain the investment properties etc...)

Dentoro

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Nov 16, 2010
    Fairland
    If you work till you drop, then they don't have to pay you back for all the money they stole from you in the first place right? Or you could have retired on the 30% or more they stole from you every year.

Westside

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 26, 2009
    Monitor World
    Yeah same here, our plan is to retire @ 55 or whenever we have Grand kids (Our only child is only 16mos currently). The plan is to have a paid for property and 2-3 income properties by that point, have our sons college paid for and give him our current house (already paid off) as a college graduation present (given that he grows up helping me maintain the investment properties etc...)

WOW that's a heck of a plan and a present. I wish you the best of luck.

Top Bottom