• ...and so much more!
  • printcraft

INGO Clown
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 14, 2008
    Uranus
    Someone I know mentioned if he quits he gets to keep his war chest which is said to be over 10 million. If you think you are going to lose, would a practical business decision be to quit and not spend all that money? I don't know how bad he's polling though, does not seem that bad for him yet but it could be and his insiders know it.

Yes, he has 13 million setting there. Wonder where he will apply it?

femurphy77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 5, 2009
    S.E. of disorder
    It is entertaining reading all of the rhetoric this morning on various news feeds. The one I enjoyed the most was the one stating that the republicans are saying that the democrats are worried the voters will be after their heads in the upcoming elections. They just don't get it do they, it's about incumbents, not party affiliations. If side "A" is doing something they are doing it with side "B"s approval. Only the heads worth saving should be spared regardless of party affiliation. That's probably the biggest problem with the American political system today. "Partisanship".

Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Feb 16, 2010
    Anyone else think he is going to use his 13 million to buy a small island in the Caribbean and watch Rome burn from the mess he helped create?

El Cazador

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 17, 2009
    NW Hendricks CO
    Personally, I think the leadership in DC backed him into a room and tried to tell him how things were going to happen, and how he was going to vote- or not vote- on upcoming agendas. He's been in the Senate long enough to have a bit of pride on what he thinks is right and wrong, and I think the leadership tried to make him do something(s) he didn't want to do. Judging from his comments to Congress on partisanship, and how he "DID NOT like Congress" (his emphasis, by the way), I'd say someone really took it too far, and Bayh told them all to stick it, and walked away. He said he wanted out of politics. He was going to start a business, or teach at a University, or start a charity.

He only let a few know on Sunday evening, and even the IN Democrat Party says they didn't know until Monday AM, with the filing deadline for candidates Tuesday Noon. Last I heard they had no one approved in queue, and some far-left cafe owner from Bloomington was the only person even close to having enough signatures to qualify, and even the IN Dem Party didn't like her.

Whatever someone(s) said to him, must a been a doozy for him to just up and tell them he's done. That's kinda spooky in it's own right. What in the world could they have told him that this would have been his reaction?

Panama

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Jul 13, 2008
    Racing Capital
    El Cazador,
    You may very well be right.
    But if you are, my minimal respect for him is even less, if that is the case.

If someone said, did, threatened or blackmailed a United States Senator into retirement, then he should have grown a spine, and ran to the nearest microphone and camera to tell the world what is going on in D.C..

So even if you are correct, he is a gutless coward for not standing up for his honor and his constituents.

I suspect there is much much more to this story and we will likely get chapter 2 sometime in the next year as we get closer to the 2012 campaigns.

:twocents:

Turn Key

Master
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Feb 1, 2009
    Indianapolis
    The Rest of the Story

El Cazador,

If someone said, did, threatened or blackmailed a United States Senator into retirement, then he should have grown a spine, and ran to the nearest microphone and camera to tell the world what is going on in D.C..

So even if you are correct, he is a gutless coward for not standing up for his honor and his constituents.

I suspect there is much much more to this story and we will likely get chapter 2 sometime in the next year as we get closer to the 2012 campaigns.

[FONT=&quot]February 16, 2010[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]Evan Bayh Admits All-Consuming Farmville Addiction[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]Senator Enters Rehab[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]WASHINGTON (The Borowitz Report) -- Just hours after rocking the political world with his surprise retirement announcement, Sen. Evan Bayh (D-Ind) said that he would undergo treatment for an "all-consuming addiction" to the popular Facebook game Farmville.

"I realized that I had to make a choice between being a United States senator and tending my imaginary farm," a tearful Mr. Bayh told reporters. "I had to look at myself in the mirror and acknowledge that I had a problem."

Majority Leader Harry Reid said that he was shocked by Sen. Bayh's admission, adding, "This is all the more surprising because he hails from a farm state, where there are plenty of actual farms he could take care of."

In other news, an intelligence source downplayed the capture of the Taliban’s No 2, stating, “It sounds like a big deal until you remember that our No. 2 is Biden.”

Elsewhere, a [FONT=&quot]New York Times[/FONT] reporter accused of plagiarism commented on the scandal, calling it "the best of times and the worst of times."

:dunno:
    [/FONT]

El Cazador

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 17, 2009
    NW Hendricks CO
    El Cazador,

[FONT=&quot]February 16, 2010[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]Evan Bayh Admits All-Consuming Farmville Addiction[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]Senator Enters Rehab[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]WASHINGTON (The Borowitz Report) -- Just hours after rocking the political world with his surprise retirement announcement, Sen. Evan Bayh (D-Ind) said that he would undergo treatment for an "all-consuming addiction" to the popular Facebook game Farmville.

"I realized that I had to make a choice between being a United States senator and tending my imaginary farm," a tearful Mr. Bayh told reporters. "I had to look at myself in the mirror and acknowledge that I had a problem."

Majority Leader Harry Reid said that he was shocked by Sen. Bayh's admission, adding, "This is all the more surprising because he hails from a farm state, where there are plenty of actual farms he could take care of."

In other news, an intelligence source downplayed the capture of the Taliban’s No 2, stating, “It sounds like a big deal until you remember that our No. 2 is Biden.”

Elsewhere, a [FONT=&quot]New York Times[/FONT] reporter accused of plagiarism commented on the scandal, calling it "the best of times and the worst of times."

:dunno:
    [/FONT]

I don't think it would take much imagination to think of any Congress Critter being "cajoled" by party leaders into voting one way or the other. The Dems in this Congress have all but admitted to doing so, and I have no doubt the Republicans have done so in the past. My possibly naive hope is that the Republicans are at least a bit less "rubber hose" about it. It does seem that the Democrats in this Congress aren't very concerned with hiding the "rubber hose" aspect of their "leadership" <that really ought to be in purple>.

I dislike all those FaceBook distractions. They all act like phishing attempts to me. You have to be out and out rude to some people to get them to stop trying to include you in the nonsense.

So....now the narrative moves to hint that Baron Hill and Bayh were colluding to make Hill the de facto D candidate for Bayh's seat. I think that's stretching, since the IN Dem Party sure sounded peeved with Bayh Monday AM when I heard the press release on the radio, and Bayh sure sounded honestly disgusted in his later in the day. Hill amy have quietly gathered enough signatures for inclusion in the D primary race, but don't I remember Hill requiring people to sign in to attend "his" town halls back in August? And I seem to remember people mentioning the sign in sheets wanted addresses as well as names. Now that bit of underhandedness (if true) sounds like the usual Baron Hill shenanigans we're all used to.

This is all too much fun to watch.

IBTL

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 19, 2010
    Lafayette
    Am I happy Bayh is stepping down? Yes.
    Am I going to vote for a loser like Coats? Nope.
    :xmad::xmad::xmad:
    If the RNC puts up another slimy, DC, puppet in office, I'll vote Democrat/whatever!!
    :xmad::xmad::xmad::xmad::xmad::xmad:
    The DNC got the message in Mass. Maybe we should send the RNC a message, too!

tnek

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 22, 2009
    He is going to run for POTUS at some point. This state isnt any better off if the sack of dung coats wins either. Can someone talk Greg Garrison into running???

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 29, 2009
    I don't think it would take much imagination to think of any Congress Critter being "cajoled" by party leaders into voting one way or the other. The Dems in this Congress have all but admitted to doing so, and I have no doubt the Republicans have done so in the past. My possibly naive hope is that the Republicans are at least a bit less "rubber hose" about it. It does seem that the Democrats in this Congress aren't very concerned with hiding the "rubber hose" aspect of their "leadership" <that really ought to be in purple>.

[....]

So....now the narrative moves to hint that Baron Hill and Bayh were colluding to make Hill the de facto D candidate for Bayh's seat. I think that's stretching, since the IN Dem Party sure sounded peeved with Bayh Monday AM when I heard the press release on the radio, and Bayh sure sounded honestly disgusted in his later in the day. Hill amy have quietly gathered enough signatures for inclusion in the D primary race, but don't I remember Hill requiring people to sign in to attend "his" town halls back in August? And I seem to remember people mentioning the sign in sheets wanted addresses as well as names. Now that bit of underhandedness (if true) sounds like the usual Baron Hill shenanigans we're all used to.

This is all too much fun to watch.

Aw, come on, there's a reason they call them party WHIPS.
    They exist to beat, wheedle, and cajole everyone into compliance.
    Hell, it's even worse for Harry Reid, cause since they're so close to a super-majority, every little podunk piece of Congress-filth thinks they can get more out of Reid by being the last hold-out. So it's up to Dick Durbin to basically beat the **** out of them by threatening them with sticks... they already want the carrots. But, if you go too far with the beatings, they defect, like Jeffords and what'shisname, the Keebler Elfin Lieberman, did.

Things right now are much easier for Boehner with regard to keeping people in line in some ways, mostly because his party doesn't expect as much from him with regard to special favors since the Republicans aren't in majority right now.

It's all a bunch of shady dealings, and I personally would like to see them all brought up on charges of high crimes, misdemeanors, and in the rare instance, treason.

CarmelHP

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 14, 2008
    Carmel
    He is going to run for POTUS at some point. This state isnt any better off if the sack of dung coats wins either. Can someone talk Greg Garrison into running???

Why? There are great candidates running OTHER than Coats.

Top Bottom