• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • jaybird_123

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 9, 2012
    Just around the corner.
    Wow. I went to both the Evansville Armory gun show and the Booneville gun show today looking for 22LR ammo. What I usually get at Wally World for a $1.97 a box, was $5.00 a box at one show and $6.00 a box at the other. Come on dealers its damn 22LR! Needless to say I left without buying any.

Lunati

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 28, 2012
    Warsaw
    Sounds like thats been the norm at the gunshows lately... Best bet is to get the inside scoop on delivery times on the larger retailers and bring family/friends to get around the limits. There are good ammo prices out there, just have to keep your eyes open.

ftbstrd

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    41   0   0
    Jun 23, 2009
    Yorktown/Muncie
    gun show prices

Alexandria gun show is just as bad! $5 to $8 for $2 boxes of .22lr! $45 for a 50 round bag of 5.56 or $16 to $18 a box of 20 round of wolf or tula .223!
    I only bought 2lbs of titegroup for $22 a lb! I even seen a USED Glock 23 for only $675, no box, no papers and 1 mag! WOW what a deal! :rolleyes:

atvdave

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 23, 2012
    SW Indiana
    Yep... this is why I did not go to any gun shows this weekend. The last few I have been to, the prices where more than what the LGS charge. However I do know this... As long as people are willing to buy the ammo at the inflated prices, it will keep selling at the inflated prices... So.... Just don't buy.... :dunno:

jaybird_123

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 9, 2012
    Just around the corner.
    Yep... this is why I did not go to any gun shows this weekend. The last few I have been to, the prices where more than what the LGS charge. However I do know this... As long as people are willing to buy the ammo at the inflated prices, it will keep selling at the inflated prices... So.... Just don't buy.... :dunno:
    Ya, I just walked away shaking my head. I didnt buy it.

Gino66

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 17, 2012
    SWIN
    Saw the same thing at both......went to WalMart in Boonville and bought 3 boxes (the limit) of 9mm 115 FMJ for $15 per. Buck-n-Jakes also has alot of ammo, EXCEPT rimfire 22's. Just FWIW here.......
    OH, and damn.......someone trying to sell a Colt SP1 lower ONLY for the rediculous low price of $1400 at the Armory.

ftbstrd

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    41   0   0
    Jun 23, 2009
    Yorktown/Muncie
    Amazing. And there are some people on here pissed that some INGOers want 60 cents a round for .223. Let's se them buy it somehwere else.

Thats what I have been doing! Walmart here has tula (I have a .223 Ak so Tula works good) $5 a box about once a week and my LGS sells the L/C brass cased to me for $9 a box of 20. I will not pay gouged prices to the greedy!

jaybird_123

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 9, 2012
    Just around the corner.
    how was the boonville show overall? was it busy? any empty tables?
    Ya, it was crowded, no empty tables. I think at the Armory show, a guy was walking around with an AR15 trying to sell it for $1600. I believe I saw him leaving with it also. Didnt see anybody filling out the required paperwork for gun purchases, :). I bought a Taurus Judge Magnum a couple weeks at around $445. Seen the same gun at both shows for around $599. :laugh:

1forguns

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Sep 29, 2011
    im with atvdave. If you keep paying the prices then the prices will always stay high. Eventually the market will flood and the prices will come back down. That's when you see the guys who paid $1/round of .223/556 wanting to sell and no one will buy..

PiccoloPlayer

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 9, 2012
    A buddy of mine went to the one at the NG armory. He said there was a guy selling worn out GI mags with the super tilt followers for $30 a piece, or 5 for $100

Top Bottom