• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • scowens

Marksman
    Aug 31, 2009
    Southern Indiana
    Just got home from a two day Appleseed _______. Left the blank there because I don't know which one should go in there: Shoot, Training, Experience, Learning, Practice, what? I had a GREAT TIME!

THANKS TO ALL THOSE WHO VOLUNTEER TO MAKE THESE HAPPEN!

I have to admit, this was my second Appleseed. Mudcat puts on a great shoot, er um, see above...

Even though I have an obnoxious rifle, according to others, maybe something to do with my muzzle brake, I still learned, improved and got my Rifleman Patch:rockwoot:.

If you have not attended/experienced an Appleseed, check it out! Do it! If you have, then; you will will be one small part of prosperity, that is greatfull of what has been done for us. Biogranny says that if you have to ask what that means, you wouldn't understand....Right Mudcat?

Steve

Mudcat

Sharpshooter
    Dec 5, 2009
    Warrick county
    You got it Steve! Thanks for coming out this weekend as always I had a ball shooting with you and everyone else.

You can find the AAR HERE.
    The sort and sweet version is it was freaking HOT! WE had 2 Riflemen from here among 2 others. Congratulations Titanium Frost with a 213 great job man!!
    Then scowens with a 217 218 and a 236! Man you were shooting like your hair was on fire. :flute:
    jclark and sclark made it out on Sunday and Shell was knocking on the door.

You guys gave me a great weekend! Thanks!

ATM

will argue for sammiches.
    Site Supporter
    Jul 29, 2008
    Crawfordsville
    Congrats to the Riflemen! :yesway:

Sounds like another fine [STRIKE]Mudcat experience[/STRIKE] ;) Appleseed.

ATM

will argue for sammiches.
    Site Supporter
    Jul 29, 2008
    Crawfordsville
    I'll be at the Riley shoot (near Terre Haute) this coming weekend.

I'm usually all jacked up on coffee and Mountain Dew.:buddies: Big fun!

Stschil

Grandmaster
    Aug 24, 2010
    At the edge of sanit
    I'll be at the Riley shoot (near Terre Haute) this coming weekend.

I'm usually all jacked up on coffee and Mountain Dew.:buddies: Big fun!

He'll go crazy on ya, like a spider monkey! :):

Ben, it was great to meet you and see you progress and persevere through the heat and your weapons malfunctions to register that Rifleman Score. Hope to see you out in the line again soon.

Scowens, keep the muzzle brake, it's baddddddddd! Besides, it's supposed to be an Evil Black Rifle. :D. Hope you can figure out the keyholing issue.

Folks, this my first shoot at Redbrush range and even through the heat, I loved it. An excellent facility and I highly recommend attendance at the September shoot if you can make it. Think I may just sign myself up to work it if schedule permits.

All in all, a great weekend. Mudcat runs a classy show and he's got a good thing going with the folks at Redbrush. Thanks to him, XDMAN, Biogranny for hosting.

Mudcat

Sharpshooter
    Dec 5, 2009
    Warrick county
    Mudcat is not much of a singer since he quit drinking years ago. Maybe I never was any good except in my own mind. We had an amazing group this weekend at Redbrush!! Good shooters every single one of them.
    I knew you would get over the top Ben you just had to not get frustrated and keep a cool head. Which was hard in the heat. But you pulled it off. 5 Riflemen out of a total of 13 shooters is a very good shoot.
    Thanks to KYWindage, stschl, gharris18, Riflegirl and biogranny for all the help this weekend. But most of all thanks to the shooters who got off the couch, checked their man or woman card and came out in this July Indiana heat to learn about marksmanship and their Heritage.
    Don't forget to do that 7th stepping.

scowens

Marksman
    Aug 31, 2009
    Southern Indiana
    First and foremost thanks to the ones who came out and volunteered their time: Mudcat, KYWindage, stschl, gharris18, Riflegirl and biogranny.

Second: Muzzle brake, don't know what the problem is, I was right behind it and I was fine! :ar15:Maybe that person who had the glasses was the same one with the Hi-point .22???? Gharris18, just so you know, as KYWindage about getting that hot steel off my back. Luckily, I was somewhat in my bubble....

Thirdly: Keyholeing - think was was some slivers I had with putting FB bullets in some untrimmed, or not trimmed enough shells. Lesson learned :rolleyes:

Fourthly: Mudcat singing.......'nuff said?

Take care all!

Titanium_Frost

Grandmaster
    Feb 6, 2011
    Southwestern Indiana
    Mudcat is not much of a singer since he quit drinking years ago. Maybe I never was any good except in my own mind. We had an amazing group this weekend at Redbrush!! Good shooters every single one of them.
    I knew you would get over the top Ben you just had to not get frustrated and keep a cool head. Which was hard in the heat. But you pulled it off. 5 Riflemen out of a total of 13 shooters is a very good shoot.
    Thanks to KYWindage, stschl, gharris18, Riflegirl and biogranny for all the help this weekend. But most of all thanks to the shooters who got off the couch, checked their man or woman card and came out in this July Indiana heat to learn about marksmanship and their Heritage.
    Don't forget to do that 7th stepping.

Hey I thought there was 6 steps???

And Steve, it was a REMINGTON...
    :):

Top Bottom