• ...and so much more!
  • jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    Williamrights :sheep: are :sheep: they do NOT want to see the reality of the world for it is too scary to fathom that bad things can happen and that they have to take responsibility for themselves as such NO amount of logic, reasoning, or even showing them the truth will make them change their mind. They are :sheep: and will follow their denial to the death for it is much easier to see the world via rose color glasses and never seen the real truth.

Fireman610

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    May 27, 2008
    Down by the River
    From News25's Website:
    "People carry guns exposed all over this city, but they use some common sense and conceal them some times," said EPD spokeswoman Karen Kajmowicz."

Once again The forehead self slap will be prominant. If it happens all the time.. Then whats the problem??? Im not completely bashing EPD I have some Dear Friends & Good Aquaintances that Protect and Serve and put in 110%. But some of these guys are going to have to man up and LEARN the LAWS they swear to enforce, The days of Cocky Arrogant I know it all YOUR GOING TO DO WHAT I TELL YOU! Attitude are long gone. With the way the world is today the only thing that attitude is going to get you is Sued, Fired, Injured, or even worse. And I for one am not a fan of Mourning Bands Class A's and Highly Polished Bates, Unless there is an Award Presentation or positive recognition involved.. Just Saying!

Come on guys get with It! Most if not all of you are capable of better!

MTC

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 14, 2009
    It is fundamentally wrong to say "the police were correct to request the man to hide the gun from public view." On city property, it was ILLEGAL for police to order my client to conceal his firearm.
    I always found the "cover that thing up!" aspect of these reported incidents insulting. And all because some bed-wetting busybody doesn't want to see and/or doesn't want you (read: non-LEO) carrying a sidearm. So they call the police to use them to force you to do what they want.

It's not just open carry - I refused to buy the third edition of his book after I read in the second edition (the red one) that if a person breaks into your home and is swinging a baseball bat at you, you should flee your home instead of defending yourself. (Page 115.)
    :n00b: WTF?

His point is that there is a "reasonableness" component to the Castle Doctrine statute (just like every other provision of Indiana's self-defense statute), but that comment is fundamentally inconsistent with the meaning of the Castle Doctrine, including the express statement in the statute that there is no duty to retreat.
    Yeah, if it's only commenting that people have fight or flight options, that's one thing. If it's a matter of using one's position as authoritative expert to urge them to flee, possibly implying that one will be held criminally liable for self-defense in one's own home, then :noway:.

But of course we're only "asking." (Hand on baton.)
    :bat: :):

My point is that asking you to conceal, whether you object to it on a personal level or not, is very specifically illegal in this context.
    :yesway:

Roadie

Modus InHiatus
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Beech Grove
    On the CourierPress articles in the comments I have been accused of being the Gun Owner from the zoo, and being Guy Relford, lol..

Roadie

Modus InHiatus
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Beech Grove
    Have to love those "tolerant" Liberals..
    Regardless of his rights or the laws, most people would have perceived this man's behavior as a threat and obviously did. I'm actually surprised the police didn't shoot him. As I said before, he obviously isn't playing with a full deck. Just because the nuts "virtually never open-carry in a holster", doesn't mean they never do or that is it safe to assume someone carrying this way means no harm or will do no harm. Maybe he had no plans to shoot anyone going in, but someone ticks him off and he suddenly shoots someone.

Wow, just... wow

Exodus

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 29, 2011
    SWI
    Lol, yeah I loved that one.

I can't eat at IHOP anymore, they never seem to make my bacon just right and I start getting the lead spraying itch. But I just choke it down until I get to the gas station and see gas prices then I start to sweat because I just want to mow everyone down so demand will drop and I can afford to drive again.

Wow, from news 25 article:
    The advice from Indiana State Police, the agency that issues gun licenses, is simple. Taylor says, "If someone approaches you, it doesn't matter if it's a private individual or somebody from a public facility, and says, 'we don't want this particular item in this location,' you need to adhere to what they have to say."

The zoo does not have a sign posted stating guns are not allowed but a source close to the zoo told NEWS 25 Monday their legal department is looking at whether they should.

Last edited:

WebHobbit

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    May 3, 2011
    Spencer County
    They still don't get it! All these people supposedly looking up the laws and they STILL they think they can post a such a sign?????????????????

They REALLY DO NEED SUED!

STUPID STUPID STUPID

indytechnerd

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Nov 17, 2008
    Here and There
    Well, I just weighed in, so maybe I can get accused of being someone, too. wonder how long it takes for comments to get 'approved' by the thought police, er moderators there.

Bunnykid68

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Mar 2, 2010
    Cave of Caerbannog

youngda9

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    I am still banging away on both comment sections. Hearing this much ignorance is stunning. Not unbelievable though.

You're doing a great job AJG357. I just got through reading it all.

So many people not thinking through their positions on the issue...critical thinking skills are very rare, so sad. Emotional beliefs based on garbage(easily debunked by facts) seem to dominate what grey matter exists underneath these people's thick skulls.

Roadie

Modus InHiatus
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Beech Grove
    I am still banging away on both comment sections. Hearing this much ignorance is stunning. Not unbelievable though.

The part that bothers me the most isn't the typical anti gunners, its the (supposed) gun owners bashing other gun owners for how they carry.

Several have said "I carry, but I dont see the need to carry everywhere I go" or "He should know better than carry at the Zoo" etc etc

The ignorance among gun owners is sickening. I wish I too were psychic so I could know when/where my family is 100% safe so I dont need to carry :n00b:

Top Bottom