• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Ruffnek

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Today I went to an unnamed gun shop to have some work done on my rifle and,as I was standing at the counter,one of the employees proceeded to pull out his 1911,clear it,and then twirl it around his finger "cowboy :draw: style".Not only did his barrel cross my head and chest,but also his own and that of another employee,which kind of angered me.I refrained from saying anything and started browsing their inventory because I'd like to go back there evetually as it is the closest shop to my home but I found this to be unbelievably ignorant and a horrible example to be set by someone who deals with guns all day.

Anyone else have any experiences like this?

45fan

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 20, 2011
    East central IN
    Unless hes John Wayne or Robo Cop, he shouldnt be twirling pistols, especially in a gun store.
    Not making excuses, but perhaps it is a result of his being around guns too much, and has grown lax in his gun safety practices...

Scutter01

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    I saw a customer do that once with a gun out of the cabinet that he was examining. After he dropped it on the floor, the owner made him give it back and then told him to leave and not bother coming back until he had "the John Wayne out of his system".

MiCo

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    192   0   1
    Sep 1, 2011
    Camby, IN
    That's a close second to people who have shot thru their hand showing how a gun won't fire when it's out of battery. Very stupid example even unloaded.

mwcooke

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 3, 2010
    Rule #1, EVERY gun is a loaded gun!

I can appreciate you not being the confrontational type of person and didn't want to cause a scene. However, you should consider giving the owner a phone call, or even sending an e-mail. He needs to know that he has an employee with no respect for his safety or his customers safety. You don't want to read in the paper next week, "Man killed at LGS while employee was being an asshat."

:twocents:

HamsterStyle

Master
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Jul 27, 2010
    Carthage
    Something has to be said in those situations, shy or not. I usually keep to myself but I ran across a guy at Atterbury one time that was showing his grandson how the 22 works and he had it laid out on the bench pointing right at me. I just asked him politely to keep it pointed down range. You don't have to be rude or even stern about it. Just make it known that it is known that its happening and not acceptable. If you are ignored or reprimanded for saying something, politely excuse yourself and spend your money elsewhere.

Being non confrontational won't stop a bullet.

Dead Duck

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    Apr 1, 2011
    Today I went to an unnamed gun shop to have some work done on my rifle and,as I was standing at the counter,one of the employees proceeded to pull out his 1911,clear it,and then twirl it around his finger "cowboy :draw: style".Not only did his barrel cross my head and chest,but also his own and that of another employee,which kind of angered me.I refrained from saying anything and started browsing their inventory because I'd like to go back there evetually as it is the closest shop to my home but I found this to be unbelievably ignorant and a horrible example to be set by someone who deals with guns all day.

Anyone else have any experiences like this?

Hey - Don Davis can twirl his guns if he wants to. :draw:

Regnar

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 12, 2010
    Knox
    Hey, at least you SAW him clear it!:):
    That would've been a bit more interesting if you didn't witness him clearing action (insert the "sweep entire shop and twirl firearm" emoticon)

Top Bottom