• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • canamscott

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 28, 2011
    LaGrange County
    Some time ago during a discussion on other hobbies D.B. had a good idea; lets have a INGO car show and shoot.

I have been looking into hosting such an event for Northeast Indiana. Would you come to a cruise-in and then get some range time? It is about an hour north of Fort Wayne, hour east of Elkhart, 25 minutes northwest of Angola.

The proposal is unfortunately not at one location. The place with the shooting range is not interested in a car show. The place that allows car shows does not want guns on display. So maybe we could combine the two locations for one event.

Here is the proposal: A cruise-in at a local county park. The parking lot can hold at least 40 cars. There is a picnic pavilion, small lake with public access, 3-D archery range, a program center that could be reserved if we want an indoor facility (maybe a good idea if we are going to fill the parking lot).
    LaGrange County Parks & Recreation, Indiana

Then head to the shooting range. Pigeon River Fish & Wildlife Area is 6 miles from Pine Knob Park. They have a top-notch public shooting range. We could cruise to Pigeon River for open range time and a chance for new shooters to get instruction. There are short and long and skeet ranges. We can not reserve the range, it is first come first served.
    DNR: Pigeon River

Some of the rules of the event: No guns on display at the county park, it would be a car show, not a gun show. Can not charge for the event, though there should be a way to contribute to cost of renting program center if desired, $150.

The Director at Pigeon River would likely be willing to participate with assisting new shooters and help with orientation to the range. Other help we would need is range officer, photographer, first aider, registration

I am proposing July 14, the day after Collector Car Appreciation Day. Let me know what you think.

Here is what I would be bringing.
    finished1996.jpg

Chaz

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 1, 2011
    Interesting and fun sounding concept!!! It would be a little far for me to come (So.East IN.) but I like the idea. If you throw a bike show in with it, I'd REALLY be torn on what to bring! :) :) :)
    The only problem I see is having the 2 locations. It seems to defeat the purpose. But that is just imho.
    But, if you can get the people, I say you should do it. But, if it could be done around Indy some where, it would probably have a better turn out from just a logistics stand point
    Good luck!.

Top Bottom