• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • yenningcomity

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 5, 2009
    I guess I am gonna be the party pooper, but 3 12 round magazines plus one in the pipe? Yeah, that is a bit overboard. When is the last time you heard of a gunfight lasting that long? If I were a betting man I would say the gunfight is going to be over before you finish the first mag, let alone the second.

I can understand the loaded shotty (not sure why it is in the safe though), but the ak is more a liability. I can't comment on where you live (or how many people live there), but the risk of the ak shooting through walls is too high for my taste.

This is coming from a guy that sleeps next to a loaded revolver. I actually purchased a speed loader for it, and do keep it ready but only because it is more of a why not. If I cannot deal with the problem in six shots chances are I will be dead anyways.

LawDog76

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 31, 2010
    Brownsburg
    The wife used to call me paranoid till her bank was robbed. The actual branch she uses. Then it turn into "are you sure we're going to need that where we're going?" Then she was shot at one day at work. She's a Paramedic. The Police think is was an attempt to steel the drugs on her ALS truck. Now her question is, "Are you packin'?"

drgnrobo

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 9, 2009
    ft. wayne
    If paranoia covers different aspects of awareness that something bad might happen & you should be prepared for it, if this is the case then yes Im paranoid .I would rather be safe than sorry & carry a pistol with me while me & my wife take our nightly walk here on the southside of the fort.Im not looking for trouble but I would like to be ready for it when it comes looking for me.

SSGSAD

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Dec 22, 2009
    Town of 900 miles
    Well, after reading all this, all I can say, is, The Boy Scout Motto:
    "Be Prepared" the other, Don says it best... I would rather have it, and not need it, than need it, and not have it.....:twocents:

JohnP82

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Apr 2, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    Well, after reading all this, all I can say, is, The Boy Scout Motto:
    "Be Prepared" the other, Don says it best... I would rather have it, and not need it, than need it, and not have it.....:twocents:

:+1:
    I have been called paranoid a few times though by people that just dont understand.

The Keymaster

Master
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Mar 12, 2010
    Manistee County, MI
    I guess I am gonna be the party pooper, but 3 12 round magazines plus one in the pipe? Yeah, that is a bit overboard. When is the last time you heard of a gunfight lasting that long? If I were a betting man I would say the gunfight is going to be over before you finish the first mag, let alone the second.

The 3 mags will hopefully kill enough zombies to get you back to home base where the real armament is kept.

Armed-N-Ready

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 25, 2009
    Ft. Wayne
    If being armed = paranoid ........

I'd rather be paranoid than a victim and there are a lot of paranoid cops, security guards and military out there.

pinshooter45

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 1, 2009
    Indianapolis
    I have over come my paranoia

I'm not paranoid anymore...at least as long as I stay on my medication. But maybe I stll am a little paranoid because I carry a little gun. I keep my big ones ready to go. Just in case the voices in my head return and tell me what to do!...:laugh: :D :) :):

Top Bottom