• ...and so much more!
  • techres

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Mar 14, 2008
    Interesting? Mildly, as are many "true crime" stories. Admirable? Not for a second.

MHO.

+1. Never go full retard.

He missed his real chance to prove that his land was taken corruptly...

Bubba

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 10, 2009
    Rensselaer
    Really? I wouldn't expect anyone but a nutjob to condone his motives, or his goals, or his last moment on Earth. But you can't even appreciate the beauty of the machine? Or admire the single-minded purpose that brought it into being?

How often is such firm resolve applied to "good" ends? What would the world look like today if philanthropists and humanitarians showed this kind of determination in the service of life and peace? Come to think of it, why is it that in our cultural history (literature, theatre, science) the people who show this kind of self-sacrificing drive are always either the bad guy, or the hapless idiot? What does it say about the human species that we can't conceive of determination like this in a hero?

El Cazador

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 17, 2009
    NW Hendricks CO
    The wife and I were in Granby a week before this happened. My son was helping a friend out running a landscaping crew for his company near Grandby. I stopped by Gramble's to look for some lamps he was supposed to have, and I like old hardware stores. We were still in Colorado when this happened, at another friend's house in the southern part of the state. I was told that a lot of people wondered what the guy was up to, and there were no "clouded minds", just busy people not wanting to get an old crank fired up and ranting again. The few that did see him working on it were really upset they didn't ask anymore questions, or tell authorities about his welding work going on. He also kept the top tarped when he wasn't working on it. Most folk in that area have a strong libertarian bent, so him ranting about how the government mis-treated him wasn't a big red flashing light to most out there.

theweakerbrother

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 28, 2009
    Bartholomew County, IN
    Oh my! We better ban civilian use of concrete before anyone else is harmed. I can't say I blame the man... this is what happens when you let eminent domain exist and you push a man out of his land. He can change his mind on the price all he wants if it is HIS land.

Top Bottom