Ever had an intruder in your house/property?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Ever had an intruder in your house/property?

• Total voters

rambone

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    'Merica
    Poll time INGO.

Ever had an intruder in your house/property?
    icon5.gif

Let's hear your stories.

NOTE: This is mainly for stories on your own property. For sharing stories that happen in public places, try this thread: INGO Poll: Ever been robbed or mugged?

Last edited:

x2bax

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 9, 2009
    Indianapolis
    When I was 16 someone broke into our familys house at night. Our dog went crazy and I grabed my 8" hunting blade and just saw someone running out of our back door. I damn near ran my Dad through as he came around the other corner. Scared the Hell out of me, and taught me to always lock up, even when you are home. Other than that, I have had a bike and a lawn mower stolen from my current property but no one else in the house. Once is enough for me.

printcraft

INGO Clown
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 14, 2008
    Uranus
    Not on the pole but my business was broken into one time about 10 yrs. ago.

They made off with some loose change. Broke out a window to gain entry
    on the side of the building on overhead door on the dock. No windows on the
    new door we put up however.

We had a coke machine outside at one point and I figure it was
    kids/teens that pulled it because the change was the only thing gone
    as they were always coming in to shop to get change for a buck and they saw where the change was.
    Coke machine was taken out a little while later, it was being "salted" about every week.

Well, a couple of weeks later I got the phone bill and "he" called a
    900 sex phone number, it was on the bill listed at 1 am or something.
    Who breaks in and calls a 900 number?????

:laugh:

Limpy88

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    38   0   0
    Nov 12, 2009
    Lafayette
    in the 3 years i have lived in my house i have never heard of any break in's or car break ins. but i had some stuff taken from a yard sale at night. i had it set up for 2 weeks and the one night i leave to go out some things get taken. but other more expenise electronics we left. haha. one guy a couple a years ago had some small things taken a couple years ago at his garage sale. mom and kid did the old cleveland shuffle on him.

got robbed by a pregant lady when i was kid. my mom had a friend that got pregant and did have a place to stay. she lived with us about 2 or 3 weeks then one night her and our vcr, half the frid and panty and couple other small stuff disappreed and never came back. didnt get my waffles that morning, went to burger king.

HCAman

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 8, 2008
    Near Terre Haute, IN
    We had our garage broken into last year.

They got my Mig welder and power washer:xmad:, at least that is all that I could figure out was missing. Funny thing is there were 3 compound bows one including accessories was worth over $1000 hanging in open sight on the other wall:dunno:. My neighbor's garage was broken into the same night. Several power tools were taken.

clt46910

Master
    Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 4, 2008
    Akron Indiana
    Over the years:

Stereo equipment stolen while everyone was gone.

Someone broke into my home when they thought I was gone. They run off when they realized I was home. That actually happened twice.

Someone broke into my home to come after me while I was asleep. I sleep very light. He lost.

Someone tried to break into my apartment.

Someone tried to break into my cottage.

Jeep window broken out and tool box stolen while I was on a lake fishing.

Loose change taken from my unlocked car here at the lake. Kids going around late at night trying doors.

Five gallons of gas stolen from the car here.

These were all over a forty year period. Does not count the three times I been mugged. You have to also understand I lived in a number of third world countries and Texas....LOL

JetGirl

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    May 7, 2008
    N/E Corner
    Weird yard stuff swiped...
    Once somebody was digging in our back yard...for night crawlers.
    Another time, someone swiped morels.
    One time a guy took a broken lawn chair...and left the good one.
    :dunno:
    Takes all kinds.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 20, 2008
    Granite Falls, NC
    When I lived in Florida, it was in a very low-rent apartment complex. One day, the A/C went out (it did this about every other month) so I opened all the windows. Being on the 3rd floor, the only one that was accessible from outside was the one next to the front door, which was my bedroom window.

I woke up in the wee small hours of the morning to something making noise...turned out to be some guy with a screwdriver trying to pry the screen out of my bedroom window. I grabbed the Norinco 12 gauge I kept on my side of the bed, racked it, and stuck the muzzle in the window while yelling "What the **** are you doing?".

Guy took off so fast he damn near threw himself over the railing on the stairway.

While in the same complex, I had my car broken into twice in 4 years. Man I'm glad I don't live there anymore.

redneckpastor

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 20, 2009
    ya got a phone call, so i rushed home and police told us not to go inside, but.... (wont finish that statement. long story short no one was there just went through with a quick grab on jewelry and a laptop!! 3 other houses about the same story that day or week, cant remember.

Bucky623

Master
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Oct 6, 2008
    Northern Indiana
    I got home from a short workday on 09/11/2001 to find my back door had been forced open. My cousin was having some problems with her husband and I was keeping a few thousand dollars for her till things settled down at her house. I made a beeline to where the cash was and it was still there. Big relief. Next I went to a gun case that held some handguns. Two were missing. S&W 469 compact 9mm and a Taurus 66 .357mag. A week or so earlier another cousin from New Mexico was visiting and we were doing some shooting behind the house when the neighbor kid came over and invited himself to shoot with us. Very safety minded. He just liked the 9mm more than he could stand, I guess. He was caught and did a few months for taking my guns as well as several other break ins. I got the Taurus back but the S&W is supposedly in Chicago in stuck in some gangster’s belt. That’s what makes me the angriest. Knowing that my gun is possibly being used to commit crimes. With any luck the stinking cow-plop got himself killed in a bloody gun battle or just up and shot himself in the head with it. Either way I hope my gun gets taken off the street. Can you tell I’m still ticked about it? :bat:

I also had two outboards taken from an out building.

Bucky

Cygnus

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 24, 2009
    New England
    Weird yard stuff swiped...
    Once somebody was digging in our back yard...for night crawlers.
    Another time, someone swiped morels.
    One time a guy took a broken lawn chair...and left the good one.
    :dunno:
    Takes all kinds.

Did they kidnap a gnome and send you pictures from around the country?????:shady:

Also had my truck window smashed but nothing taken, not even my golf clubs. Cop said he must have got scared off. Damn horn alram woke no one up not even me...

Also nit on the list I have been robbed at gunpoint several times while I was a pizza manager in the Detroit area. Big fun:rolleyes:

Last edited:

stormryder

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 16, 2008
    Batesville IN
    While on 2 week AT for National Guard.
    It made local news In Cincy.
    ALL of our vehicles got broken into, two were stolen.
    Passenger window smashed out and all I lost was my 4 D-cell Mag light. My CDs, stereo and everything else was left in my Truck.

Top Bottom