• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Cru

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 4, 2010
    Noblesville, IN
    That there are always "meet and eat" get togethers in the events section, but never "meet and work out" or "meet and go for a run" events....

hmmmmm.....

This explains some things. :D

hotfarmboy1

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Nov 7, 2008
    Madison County
    Yes, that's a good point. But with how many of us OC at these events you can only imagine what people watching us all run would think of a bunch of people OC'ing while running.:):

And for the record, if I go for a jog/walk I do OC as well. I love the retention of a good leather holster. :D

Cru

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 4, 2010
    Noblesville, IN
    Yes, that's a good point. But with how many of us OC at these events you can only imagine what people watching us all run would think of a bunch of people OC'ing while running.:):

And for the record, if I go for a jog/walk I do OC as well. I love the retention of a good leather holster. :D

I pocket carry an LCP when I run.

hotfarmboy1

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Nov 7, 2008
    Madison County
    I could do that. But around here there's always a chance of running into wild stray dogs or coyotes. I like a little bigger firepower :D

I guess I'm also diff from the normal runners. I wear whatever I'm wearing that day, I don't go change into exercise clothes. If I'm wearing jeans and work boots, that's what I go in. ;)

Bigum1969

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    SW Indiana
    I think a valid compromise would be to do a meet and Greet and eat and run at a local buffet.

We could sprint to the buffet. Fill our plates. Run back to our seats. Repeat.

Andre46996

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 3, 2010
    Hammond
    I have never seen an INGO "Meet and ***k" either.... If only we had a bunch of hot single women on here that might go over pretty well...

I am thinking it would be a huge sausage fest at this point, we really need more women in the shooting sports..

Cru

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 4, 2010
    Noblesville, IN
    I'm having to move my running into the EARLY morning because of school. I need night vision to see if someones attacking me while I run...

Big's idea made me laugh.

Pami

INGO Mom
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 13, 2008
    Next to Lars
    Actually, Lars organized a Bike & Eat last fall. I even went so far as to design INGO jerseys and bike shorts, but never got around to getting them ordered. I figured I'd fire it up again around March, just in time for all the benefit rides he's riding in this year. And yes, I'm sure there will be more bike rides showing up in the Events forum when it gets warmer out. ;)

INGOjersey2a.jpg

hotfarmboy1

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Nov 7, 2008
    Madison County
    I might be up for a bike event if I can get myself to where I'm even close to as good of shape as I used to be in. Never been much of a runner. But on bike I could sprint 5+ miles without a prob, or do a 25+ mile ride without breaking a sweat. I really need to start working on that again.

magic man

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    31   0   1
    Mar 7, 2010
    NWI
    I think a valid compromise would be to do a meet and Greet and eat and run at a local buffet.

We could sprint to the buffet. Fill our plates. Run back to our seats. Repeat.

Don't forget, we can also run out before the bill comes and leave it for Fenway!:rockwoot:

:D

Cru

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 4, 2010
    Noblesville, IN
    I might be up for a bike event if I can get myself to where I'm even close to as good of shape as I used to be in. Never been much of a runner. But on bike I could sprint 5+ miles without a prob, or do a 25+ mile ride without breaking a sweat. I really need to start working on that again.

If that's true you aren't riding hard or fast enough.

(i know I know, that's what she said)

Bigum1969

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    SW Indiana
    Actually, Lars organized a Bike & Eat last fall. I even went so far as to design INGO jerseys and bike shorts, but never got around to getting them ordered. I figured I'd fire it up again around March, just in time for all the benefit rides he's riding in this year. And yes, I'm sure there will be more bike rides showing up in the Events forum when it gets warmer out. ;)

INGOjersey2a.jpg

That jersey's gonna scare the :poop: out of other riders... ;)

And, it might lead to a man in tight shorts with a gun calls...

DaKruiser

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    May 6, 2010
    Morgan Co.

Ok, this gives me an idea!:D we could have a meet and greet trail run with rifles!:woot: It would be a good learning experience for those of us without military training.:popcorn:

I started this post being sarcastic, it might be fun now that I think about it :dunno: can we get a paramedic on standby?:rofl:

Cru

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 4, 2010
    Noblesville, IN
    Ok, this gives me an idea!:D we could have a meet and greet trail run with rifles!:woot: It would be a good learning experience for those of us without military training.:popcorn:

I started this post being sarcastic, it might be fun now that I think about it :dunno: can we get a paramedic on standby?:rofl:

Calling Rmabrey to the pass out ward.

U.S. Patriot

Grandmaster
    Rating - 87.5%
    7   1   0
    Jan 30, 2009
    Columbus
    I could use a workout partner. I started going back a couple of weeks ago. I work out at Anytime Fitness in Columbus. It's only $24.95 a month. I can not run or bike anymore because of my damn back.

Suprtek

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 27, 2009
    Wanamaker
    How about a compromise. What would everyone think of a "meet and hike"? Maybe in a state park where we are supposed to be permitted to carry now.

I can do a pretty healthy hike, but running is just not gonna happen anymore.

Top Bottom