Ever used Hornady One Shot Gun Cleaner/Dry Lube on your guns?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Cynical

Sharpshooter
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 21, 2013
    peru
    Yep, I started using it last year at the recommendation from my LGS. I love it, I liberally spray it inside the fire control group on my autos and the little bits of gunk and powder run out the bottom of the mag well. I still scrub the barrel with brush and hoppes #9 but spray a little down after I run a clean patch through it. It is supposed to leave a thin protective and lubricating film behind that won't get gummed up. Used it all last summer and I'm well satisfied with it. I even spray a little inside my magazines as well.

Leo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 3, 2011
    Lafayette, IN
    Yes, I have used the Hornady product for years, mostly for firearm cleaning. On the AR, I do still use a TINY bit of oil on the trigger pivot and a couple drops of CLP on the port holes of the bolt carrier. The coating that stays behind after the Hornady product seems to make the next bunch of junk wash out easier. I do not like harsher cleaners that discolor finishes and completely strip protective lubricants.

My 20 round magazines still have Vietnam era mud visible inside and they run fine with no lube at all. I am afraid to clean them, they might start jamming up like other people's stuff.

SteveM4A1

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 3, 2013
    Rockport
    I use it. No issues and my edc isn't oily. But I don't put near the rounds through my firearms that some do, so my opinion may not mean as much. I still oil my bcg on my AR though

Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Oct 3, 2008
    On a hill in Perry C
    I started using it for long term storage a few years ago, works great for that, and noticed how slick moving parts were. Now I use it also for most of my lube needs. Since it is a dries to a film it doesn't collect dirt like most wet lubes. Still rely on Hoppe's and other products for the majority of my cleaning.

Top Bottom