• Status
    Not open for further replies.

Woodrow

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 30, 2010
    Munster
    I'm still trying to kick this pneumonia. That's what you get when you never go to the doctor or take medicine, and work 80 hours a week where there are no sick days ever. Just ignore the fact that you're sick and it goes away, right?

While I am able (forced) to continue working, all spare time is spent in a codeine-induced stupor, asleep on the couch. Not that I'm complaining about a good stupor, but I'd like it to be by choice...second round of Z-pak antibiotics now. I don't foresee any cigars for at least another week.

Excuse the whining, I'm just venting a little...

melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Far West Suburban Lowellabama
    I'm still trying to kick this pneumonia. That's what you get when you never go to the doctor or take medicine, and work 80 hours a week where there are no sick days ever. Just ignore the fact that you're sick and it goes away, right?

While I am able (forced) to continue working, all spare time is spent in a codeine-induced stupor, asleep on the couch. Not that I'm complaining about a good stupor, but I'd like it to be by choice...second round of Z-pak antibiotics now. I don't foresee any cigars for at least another week.

Excuse the whining, I'm just venting a little...

And a chorus of violins is playing in the background . . .

Andy219

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 26, 2009
    Cedar Lake, IN
    I expect everyone to take notes on our fearless leaders state of the union adress tonite. I am also expecting a very nice, polite and civil discussion on the speech tomorrow at the get together. A discussion on the path our highly regarded leader plans to take us in order to achieve the greatness we have been lacking over the last couple hundred years.

C'yall tomorrow!!!

melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    I expect everyone to take notes on our fearless leaders state of the union adress tonite. I am also expecting a very nice, polite and civil discussion on the speech tomorrow at the get together. A discussion on the path our highly regarded leader plans to take us in order to achieve the greatness we have been lacking over the last couple hundred years.

C'yall tomorrow!!!

BBC was running a Star Trek Next Generation mini-marathon last night and pre-empted the President.:rockwoot:

Bill B

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Sep 2, 2009
    RA 0 DEC 0
    I swear Wednesdays are cursed. About the time I was getting ready to go to lunch (guess where) a locomotive derailed tearing up 100 ft of track, not to mention tearing up the locomotive. Needless to say, I didn't get lunch (or dinner).
    One day I will make it.

melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Due to the impending snowstorm, the Pine Island store will TRY TO OPEN for business about 10:30 or 11am on Wednesday.

We are planning to close the store about 6pm on Tuesday evening if the snow storm actually materializes so that the employees can get home before it gets too bad. Depending on road conditions, etc the store will open as soon as possible but there is no guarantee as to what time it will be open. We are going to try to be open at our normal time, if the storm does bury the region then we will simply plan to open about 10:30 or 11am on Wednesday figuring that is the earliest we can probably get into the parking lot.

melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Time to bust out your big orange toy

That will get ME to the store, but what about the employees :dunno:

3.jpg

Cigar Bob

Plinker
    Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 8, 2010
    Mishawaka, Indiana
    Did you get the new store opened??I changed my plans also because of the weather do you think it will get that bad??I had a great time last Thursday it was nice to see some new faces and Joes girlfriend or date in person.:popcorn:

melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Can I drive it just once. Do I have to have a special license??:popcorn:
    No special license needed but it has a reverse shift pattern manual transmission. 4th gear is where most cars have 1st gear, 2nd and 3rd are reversed too so you have to be really careful with shifting or you'll stall it out or over-rev the engine if you get it into the wrong gear.

Did you get the new store opened??
    Yup.

We opened for business on Saturday. No "grand opening" or other event, just a soft opening without fanfare. We are having problems with the coffee machines so we are bringing in coffee on a temporary basis. The humidor is about 70% full, but we are making progress. The rest of the store is fully stocked. There was a problem with the air filtration but it looks like we have that worked out too.

gunbunnies

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 13, 2009
    NWI
    Melensdad... that snow trac locks pretty cool... guessing it has my 4 wheel drive beat if we were out west.... with 14 feet of snow and all...

I'm hoping this storm is a miss cause I normally get stuck setting up genpac's at key locations around the region to keep our network hubs up... because NIPSCO can't seem to keep the power on when a storm like this hits...

So, post first wedensday if I plan on coming down to the lounge for the normal lunch meet then ???

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom