Everything wrong with the GOP is illustrated here...

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • HICKMAN

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Jan 10, 2009
    Lawrence Co.
    The old-timers haven't been to supportive now that O'Donnell has the win.

She's raised nearly 750,000 dollars today alone. Maybe that will open their eyes. Nothing like good old fashioned moneyball politics to grab their attention.

I think that's friggin great.

Carl Rove is a whiny biatch today and still won't let it go. He's crying about her having financial problems. I lost a house in foreclosure, still owe on college loans...does that make me any less of an American?

**** you Rove! And all your old white hair good ol boys. McCain, Lugar.. all of them need to go.

Libertarian01

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 12, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    Not "just" the GOP...

To All,

One of my concerns with the Republicans AND Democrats is the fact that they have been twisted into the mentality of "keeping power" for powers sake alone.

In the Delaware race the Republican party took sides and undermined Christine O'Donnell. As I see it this is NOT the purpose of he Republican party. The Republicans are not alone in this. The Democratic party does the same thing on their side.

I was recently reelected to be the Chairman of the Libertarian Party here in Allen County. For those of ya'll way south this means Fort Wayne.

During a county convention where we may elect a mayor candidate I do not believe it is my responsibility to attack anyone that wants to run on the Libertarian ticket. My only concern would be that they are actually Libertarians and believe in smaller government, less taxes, and a greater defense of our liberties. After that - may the best candidate win!

Of course I would have my preference (probably.) But it is up to the party membership to vote on who they feel would best represent their views and interests. It is not up to me or any member of office or "power" to officially support a candidate.

If my preferred candidate lost then instead of whining about it I think it would be incumbent for me to review my thinking! "Where am I wrong?" "What am I missing?" "How am I out of touch with my own party?"

All of these questions and more should be going through my mind. I do not believe the Republican party of Delaware will ask themselves these questions. I am afraid they will simply continue to stick their heads in the sand and continue to undermine positive reform of their party. The truly sad thing about this is when the Democrats do the same thing. This really does hurt America by keeping some ideas from ever reaching the ears of the average American Citizen.

Someone once asked me, "what good would it do for one single Libertarian to be elected to city council?" (in Fort Wayne)

My response was this, "If I am elected to the council I will force a vote on repealing the smoking ban. I may loose, but I will force all of the alleged pro-business, pro-private property rights councilmen to stop giving lip service. I will flip the rock they are hiding under and force a vote. Then the citizens of Fort Wayne will know where they truly stand instead of just claiming to stand somewhere."

It is the same in State and Federal government. Elected politicians on both side of the aisle give lip service to a host of ideals yet are never really called to the mat to put up or shut up. While I don't want the extremists of either wing of the old party to gain too much influence there is a segment of the American populace that thinks that way and By God their voices should be heard!

Regards,

Doug

SemperFiUSMC

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 23, 2009
    To All,

One of my concerns with [strike]the Republicans AND Democrats[/strike] politicians is the fact that they have been twisted into the mentality of "keeping power" for powers sake alone.

FIFY

Sorry, but I can't accept the "they do it but we won't" implication. Libertarians don't because they haven't been elected to offices of power yet. Once one of your candidates drinks of the forbidden fruit they'll scrape and fight to hold on just like any other politician.

downzero

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 16, 2010
    FIFY

Sorry, but I can't accept the "they do it but we won't" implication. Libertarians don't because they haven't been elected to offices of power yet. Once one of your candidates drinks of the forbidden fruit they'll scrape and fight to hold on just like any other politician.

Nonsense. By your logic, we're going to have a huge government regardless, so we should just vote for whoever hijacks that big government to suit our purposes.

I don't buy that crap for a minute. This government is bankrupt, and got that way by exactly the thinking you're talking about.

Libertarian01

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 12, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    SemperFiUSMC,

I actually agree with your point in general, but disagree on its assumption on timing.

I believe that initially when Libertarians are elected they will have free reign to follow their ideals. Others that are elected in the short term after them will also have a relatively free reign.

However, over time my party will become as corrupt as every other party. It is the inevitable force of politics and human nature.

It will be at that time that another party, or hard core base within the Libertarian party will have to rally to resist and/or usurp this corruption.

This is why I believe 100% in voting for ideals, not just parties and/or candidates! Once your party leaves you, find another party to support.

For right now and the immediate past it is ONLY the Democrats and Republicans party machines that hold power for powers sake, if for no other reason than they are the only ones who have power to begin with.

As evidence of this you only need review the gerrymandering that occurs in state after state! Lines have been drawn to practically guarantee one parties control of certain seats with the tacit agreement of the opposing party, so long as they get their guaranteed seats!

This is another critical reason why a third party is extremely important: it is impossible to gerrymander a state with a three way race! The demographics will be too complex to "give" seats to either wing of the old party.

Kind Regards,

Doug

Top Bottom