Evicted for owning an AR-15 at Bradford Place apartments.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Bill of Rights

Cogito, ergo porto.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Apr 26, 2008
    Where's the bacon?
    Good point. I forgot about all of that. I was just concerned about whether or not the tenant had been sitting on the back porch with his AR.

What if he had been? Sitting in a chair with a rifle, in and of itself, is not "in a threatening manner". I could see that, if he'd been out shooting, he might want to clean his rifle and do so while enjoying the nice weather (or while listening to the rain, etc.) A whole other animal if he's sitting there aiming it at people, even "unloaded" (see Rule #1) but the statements longbow has made indicate that not even the roommates knew the rifle was even there, let alone him "sitting on the back porch with" it. May I , without seeming sarcastic, ask from where you got that that was even a possibile occurrence?

Blessings,
    Bill

IndianaGTI

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   1
    May 2, 2010
    What if he had been? Sitting in a chair with a rifle, in and of itself, is not "in a threatening manner". I could see that, if he'd been out shooting, he might want to clean his rifle and do so while enjoying the nice weather (or while listening to the rain, etc.) A whole other animal if he's sitting there aiming it at people, even "unloaded" (see Rule #1) but the statements longbow has made indicate that not even the roommates knew the rifle was even there, let alone him "sitting on the back porch with" it. May I , without seeming sarcastic, ask from where you got that that was even a possibile occurrence?

Blessings,
    Bill

I wasn't saying it was right. I think I said that I don't agree, however....

I was just saying that the contract says "in a manner that may threaten or alarm others." In Bloomington, sitting on a back porch with your rifle "may alarm others".

Was just saying that there may be more to the story than we have heard. There may not, but acting based on second hand representations of one side of the story may not be prudent especially where the person giving the information has incentive to not tell the whole story.

longbarrel

Expert
    Rating - 91.7%
    22   2   0
    Nov 1, 2008
    Central Indiana
    Why, of all the places you could live in Bloomington, would you stay where someone could come and go through your living quarters as they felt? What if he was asleep, pooping, having sex, studying? etc. Just a question of curiosity.

tyler34

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 2, 2008
    bloomington
    Why, of all the places you could live in Bloomington, would you stay where someone could come and go through your living quarters as they felt? What if he was asleep, pooping, having sex, studying? etc. Just a question of curiosity.

because not all college students can afford a house. FYI they have to give you notice before they come in, so it's not like they would walk in on him pooping.

Drako

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 5, 2011
    Lawrence

because not all college students can afford a house. FYI they have to give you notice before they come in, so it's not like they would walk in on him pooping.

I read an online review of the apts that said maintenance walked in while the poster was in the shower.

I can't imagine! I'm come out with my towel on, towel rack in hand and beat him with it. *shudder*

tyler34

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 2, 2008
    bloomington
    that MAY have happened but they have to give advanced notice of them coming, so even if it did happen they should have known maintenance was coming that day.

hooky

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 4, 2011
    Central Indiana
    Last edited:

Jtgarner

Master
    Rating - 100%
    46   0   0
    Oct 5, 2010
    Bloomington
    Longbow. If your son keeps up his previous practices involving his firearms, I know someplace he can live w/o problem. I had my AR at my apartment for a while and never had any problems. I have never had any problems with inspections or anything either. Right now the AR is back at my parents, and we have 4 handguns in the apartment. My wife and I both keep one in our nightstand and we have had no issues with the apartment staff or maintenance. I do not go walking around with a gun exposed on my hip for everyone to see (nothing against it, I just prefer to keep the element of surprise), and when I brought the AR into and out of my apt I wrapped it in a blanket to keep wondering eyes from picking my apartment for their next robbery, but still, I have had no problems.

tyler34

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 2, 2008
    bloomington
    my apts. don't have issue with them either, they routinely see my mountains of dangerous knives and have seen some guns before and never even looked twice.

Top Bottom