• ...and so much more!
  • Mr Evilwrench

Quantum Mechanic
    Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 18, 2011
    Carmel
    Geez, the guy didn't seem to be presenting a threat to the officers, even if he wasn't "cooperating". Why holding him down and punching him in the head? He may have been impaired, or oh, you know, having a seizure or something. And it's all on video. Looks like he's going to win the lawsuit lotto. I can remember back when one cop, or a manager if there was no cop there (there usually wouldn't be) would have gone over, asked if he needed some help, got him standing, helped him out. A cop maybe would have taken him in for booking if he was pretty sure the guy was impaired. Nowadays they all seem to want in on SWATing the terrorists or meth tweaks. I'm thinkin if the cops wouldn't effectively hand out huge gobs of taxpayer money like this, maybe the cities could afford the support the cops need.

Dead Duck

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    Apr 1, 2011
    This is just one small reason we have a "War on Drugs" in this country.
    But I'm sure INGO is going to tell me how we should just leave guys like this alone because it's his right to poison himself and he's really no harm to others......Right?

Deputy on administrative leave after arrest caught on video | Local News - WYFF Home

He's lucky I'm not a cop because I would NOT have been that easy to him.
    Would live to see the video from outside.

Timjoebillybob

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 27, 2009
    This is just one small reason we have a "War on Drugs" in this country.
    But I'm sure INGO is going to tell me how we should just leave guys like this alone because it's his right to poison himself and he's really no harm to others......Right?

Deputy on administrative leave after arrest caught on video | Local News - WYFF Home

He's lucky I'm not a cop because I would NOT have been that easy to him.
    Would live to see the video from outside.

Leave him alone? Nope. But don't ban drugs because some people may not be able to handle them. Isn't that the same line of thought that gun grabbers use?

Here is an article that has the video.
    New Details On Walmart Arrest That Has One Deputy On Leave - WSPA.com

And with that attitude, it's actually lucky for you that you aren't a cop. You would either be sued into the poor house or incarcerated. And punching a guy 20 or so times in the head is "going easy" on him?

From what I can tell, it doesn't look like he's grabbing for a knife. If he was the officer probably would have drawn at least his taser if not his pistol. Inside while he is not complying he doesn't appear to be violently resisting.

ModernGunner

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 29, 2010
    NWI
    'Interesting' that some folks will show these videos and (like the woman in the pink top) run around with their cell phone cams 'demanding' the right to intervene, but if it's an infant left alone in the car in a parking lot by an irresponsible adult, it then changes to 'mind your own business'.

Which is it? Citizens not involved should intervene, or mind their own business? :scratch:

Dead Duck

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    Apr 1, 2011

phylodog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Mar 7, 2008
    Arcadia
    Sounds like he was grabbing for the knife before he ran back into the Walmart and before the video started. The Deputy should have just hit him with a Taser and continued doing so until the suspect rolled onto his stomach and put his hands behind his back. Of course, we'd still have people screaming about that also.

Timjoebillybob

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 27, 2009
    Guns are good. They are just a tool.

Drugs?
    Well, I really don't see a good purpose for PCP, LSD, Cocaine, Heroine, etc........

Read the rest of the story.

I've read it, it doesn't change the fact that in the video while not complying he doesn't appear to be violently resisting. I don't see him swinging at the officers, trying to grab their weapons, etc.

LSD has been used in psychotherapy and is currently being researched for that purpose along with chronic headaches. Cocaine is still currently used in medicine. Synthetic heroin is currently used (along with synthetics that make heroin look weak). PCP is still currently used in veterinary medicine and has been used in human medicine. Why shouldn't a person be allowed to treat themselves without having to pay someone else for permission? And if they wish to use them recreationally, that is their business. Do you think all drugs that can be used recreationally should be restricted to prescription use only?

Frank_N_Stein

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    79   0   0
    Nov 24, 2008
    Beech Grove, IN
    I've read it, it doesn't change the fact that in the video while not complying he doesn't appear to be violently resisting. I don't see him swinging at the officers, trying to grab their weapons, etc.

LSD has been used in psychotherapy and is currently being researched for that purpose along with chronic headaches. Cocaine is still currently used in medicine. Synthetic heroin is currently used (along with synthetics that make heroin look weak). PCP is still currently used in veterinary medicine and has been used in human medicine. Why shouldn't a person be allowed to treat themselves without having to pay someone else for permission? And if they wish to use them recreationally, that is their business. Do you think all drugs that can be used recreationally should be restricted to prescription use only?

I'm all for people ingesting whatever substance they want to in order to feel good. Just stop wasting police/fire/EMS resources when their "recreational use" goes sideways.

Timjoebillybob

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 27, 2009
    Sounds like he was grabbing for the knife before he ran back into the Walmart and before the video started. The Deputy should have just hit him with a Taser and continued doing so until the suspect rolled onto his stomach and put his hands behind his back. Of course, we'd still have people screaming about that also.

It doesn't look to me like he was grabbing for the knife but it's hard to tell in the video because it's edited and they show about a 1/2 second of each "grab". But the officer didn't seem to concerned considering he didn't draw his taser/pistol/baton/pepper spray/etc at the time.

But what is your opinion of the force used?

Dead Duck

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    Apr 1, 2011

Yes.
    Do you think all drugs that can be used recreationally should be allowed on the street?

phylodog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Mar 7, 2008
    Arcadia
    It doesn't look to me like he was grabbing for the knife but it's hard to tell in the video because it's edited and they show about a 1/2 second of each "grab". But the officer didn't seem to concerned considering he didn't draw his taser/pistol/baton/pepper spray/etc at the time.

But what is your opinion of the force used?

It doesn't look to me like he was grabbing for the knife either because it reportedly happened outside in the parking lot before the suspect ran back into the store and before the video was taken.

I'm not in a position to make a determination. Show me the video from the instant the officer showed up until the suspect ended up on the floor and I'll provide and opinion. I don't have enough information to provide an opinion, nor will I.

Timjoebillybob

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 27, 2009
    I'm all for people ingesting whatever substance they want to in order to feel good. Just stop wasting police/fire/EMS resources when their "recreational use" goes sideways.

I can completely agree with that.

Yes.
    Do you think all drugs that can be used recreationally should be allowed on the street?
    So alcohol, nicotine, caffeine, etc should all be prescription only? Along with quite a few cough syrups and other OTC medications. Dang think it's hard getting a Dr appointment now, wait till all the coffee heads need to come in for their permission slip.

And yes pretty much.

It doesn't look to me like he was grabbing for the knife either because it reportedly happened outside in the parking lot before the suspect ran back into the store and before the video was taken.

I'm not in a position to make a determination. Show me the video from the instant the officer showed up until the suspect ended up on the floor and I'll provide and opinion. I don't have enough information to provide an opinion, nor will I.

Here is a link that has some of the interaction outside (including clips of the grabs) and additional store video from inside.
    New Details On Walmart Arrest That Has One Deputy On Leave - WSPA.com

Last edited:

phylodog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Mar 7, 2008
    Arcadia
    I think the Deputy would have been better off to have utilized a baton, OC/CS or a Taser. Punching someone in the face/head never looks good and generally causes injuries to both parties.

Top Bottom