Excluding Deer rifles on PUBLIC LAND for 5 yrs is Bogus Man!

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • openwell

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 31, 2014
    Carmel
    Guys that hunt on private land pay the same deer license fee ;and income & sales taxes so why would hunters on public state and federal land be excluded? Is that legal? Is that fair? Who decides? and what do you think we can do about it? In 5 years I’m going to be too old to hunt. But I am not too old to vote? The legislature needs to hear from us and now. It's an election year, let's turn up the heat.:xmad:

Last edited:

mom45

Momerator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 10, 2013
    NW of Sunshine
    I would imagine this was done mainly for safety reasons since there are many people hunting public land at the same time and you have no way of knowing when someone else may be in your line of fire.

Timjoebillybob

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 27, 2009
    In which state?

Indiana. That is if your a resident owner/lessees of farmland that they farm.

License Exemptions |*Indiana Hunting & Trapping Guide | eRegulations
    License Exemptions
    The following are exempt from license requirements:

• Residents or nonresidents participating in a DNR-licensed field trial.
    • Resident owners of Indiana farmland or lessees of Indiana farmland who farm that land, their spouses and children living with them, while hunting, fishing or trapping on the farmland they own or lease. This exemption does not apply to land owned by a business, corporation or partnership unless the shareholders, partners, members or owners are comprised solely of the members of an immediate family and farm that land.
    I do not believe that applies to the federal gamebird/waterfowl stamp though.

Limits still apply along with reporting/tagging/season/equipment/etc requirements.

Timjoebillybob

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 27, 2009
    Yep... Because having skin in the game, is just more fairer..or in Spanish.. More better..

I don't have skin in the game for public land? Let's see I pay state income tax, buy hunting/fishing licenses, ammo tax. All of which help pay for that public land if I use it or not. I'd say I have skin in the game.

Timjoebillybob

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 27, 2009
    I'm clear on the farming requirement but that's a bit more involved than just owning some land. Thought maybe something had changed.

"Farming" can cover a lot of things. Including timber growth. So if you have 10 acres of woods, your farming it for firewood/lumber/etc.

seedubs1

Master
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jan 17, 2013
    Nope.....so much nope.

If you don't have a safe line of fire where you know nobody is behind it, you should NOT be taking a shot.

And it's not about safety. Don't kid yourself. Guns kill. Doesn't matter if it's a 358 hoosier bullet or a 308 win bullet.

I would imagine this was done mainly for safety reasons since there are many people hunting public land at the same time and you have no way of knowing when someone else may be in your line of fire.

seedubs1

Master
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jan 17, 2013
    Glad we're back to medieval times where the king owns the game animals and rules over who may hunt and eat them. Just because something is law doesn't make it right, and doesn't mean you shouldn't complain about it and try to make it right.

1. All game animals belong to the State of Indiana.

2. The State of Indiana decides.

3. It is legal.

4. Fair is a children's word.

Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 21, 2013
    Lawrence County
    Just the new cartridges are disallowed on public land. All the previous "pistol cartridges" in rifles are still legal (e.g. .458 SOCOM).

Just because land is private instead of public there is no guarantee your land is clear of humans. "Be sure of your target and what's beyond it" still counts - public and private land.

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    Glad we're back to medieval times where the king owns the game animals and rules over who may hunt and eat them. Just because something is law doesn't make it right, and doesn't mean you shouldn't complain about it and try to make it right.

Seed, sorry, dude, that's the law.

I hate being the cold bucket of truth on INGO, but Title 14 clearly states that all game critters belong to the State of Indiana.

seedubs1

Master
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jan 17, 2013
    Yes, you're right. It is the law. I'm just stating that I don't think it's right (in a philosophical sense).

Seed, sorry, dude, that's the law.

I hate being the cold bucket of truth on INGO, but Title 14 clearly states that all game critters belong to the State of Indiana.

Top Bottom