• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Refrigerator27

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Feb 18, 2022
    Noblesville
    She doesn’t ask because she doesn’t want to sit through a 2 hour lecture and PowerPoint of me needing out on why the design, material science, performance, etc etc is better superior on this part/gun vs the previous one.

Last edited:

Chewie

Old, Tired, Grumpy, Skeptical
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 28, 2012
    Martinsville
    My SWMBO knows that I justify my purchases very carefully (do I need/want, etc) so she doesn't say much. Besides she doesn't want to explain the bruises I have to the ER doc (not to mention the dish towel tied around my neck). :lmfao:

In reality, I just get the eye roll/sigh/side eye combo with a side order of harumph!

Farmerjon

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 14, 2010
    NorthWest Indiana
    For the past 20+ years I buy her a handgun for a Valentine's gift if we can afford it and there is one she has shown interest in. Money was tight this year so no gun on the day of, but eventually a gun will appear she shows interest in and it is purchased. She knows which ones are hers and what year it represents, me, heck if I know. We shoot all of them and enjoy them. I get cleaning detail.

BigMoose

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 14, 2012
    Indianapolis
    Lets see, it goes something like this..

I buy a gun..

Wife will give a look over, it will ether get a shrug, or "Okay this one is my gun, I like this one"

Ether way they go in the same safe in my room, as I am the "Maintainer, Cleaner, and Librarian of the guns"

We both shoot the guns in there. Though some of then, she probably won't touch (Garand, M14, the 12 gauge tactical shotguns)

Bassat

I shoot Canon, too!
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 30, 2022
    Osceola, Indiana 46561
    I am 67 years old and still working full-time. Holding off on collecting SocSec until 70. Under those circumstances I will buy whatever I feel I need, whenever I feel I need it. My wife knows that. She knows I won't get stupid about it. I don't care what she buys, either. She has a job.

Creedmoor

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Mar 10, 2022
    Madison Co Indiana
    I am 67 years old and still working full-time. Holding off on collecting SocSec until 70. Under those circumstances I will buy whatever I feel I need, whenever I feel I need it. My wife knows that. She knows I won't get stupid about it. I don't care what she buys, either. She has a job.
    I gotta ask, why are you holding off on taking your 100% SS, you can still work and add to it if you desire?

gregkl

Outlier
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Apr 8, 2012
    Bloomington
    I gotta ask, why are you holding off on taking your 100% SS, you can still work and add to it if you desire?
    67 may be FRA(Full Retirement Age), but it is not the max. 70 is when your SS maxes out.

I'm doing the same but retiring at 65 and will wait until I'm 70 to start drawing SS.

Bassat

I shoot Canon, too!
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 30, 2022
    Osceola, Indiana 46561
    If I wait until 70, my monthly benefit goes up by over $1,000 a month (over benefit at 66-1/2). My wife has no health problems and her family lives into their 90s. I have all sorts of cardiovascular health problems and right now am tied with the longest lived member of my family in 3 generations. My wife may well collect that extra $1,000 a month for 30+ years after I go. If we both get to collect SocSec, all the better. I'll be here to help her spend it. Like she needs help spending money.

Bassat

I shoot Canon, too!
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 30, 2022
    Osceola, Indiana 46561
    67 may be FRA(Full Retirement Age), but it is not the max. 70 is when your SS maxes out.

I'm doing the same but retiring at 65 and will wait until I'm 70 to start drawing SS.
    Exactly. Once you start collecting, your benefit is fixed. I can afford to NOT take it now. Doing so would be kinda stupid. I do realize not everyone is in this position.

Creedmoor

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Mar 10, 2022
    Madison Co Indiana

Yes I'm aware, how many years will it take for you to get the difference back along with you still working.
    Max benefit at 67 & 6 months is $3.822 a month on SS. So that will gross $167,000 dollars you can invest before you turn 70 and still live and add to your SS with still working.
    if you work until 70 its now $4,873 a month on SS. The break over is like 13+years and thats without the interest from the 167,000 you saved before turning 70.
    Will it matter when you are like 85? will you be alive at 85?
    Help me understand?

Top Bottom