• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • terrehautian

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 6, 2012
    Where ever my GPS says I am
    One of my hobbies is photography. I went to the center for the third time around the end of 2011. First time, it was raining, so my big camera stayed in (Nikon d70s). Second time was their pumpkin party and it was really crowded. I went on the 29th of December with a friend who had never been there. It was sunny and warm, I got over a hundred good photos.

This is Charlie.
    DSC_0721.jpg

DSC_0746.jpg

Canadian Lynz
    DSC_0750.jpg

DSC_0751.jpg

India, the brown striped white tiger. She is blind.
    DSC_0776.jpg

The circus tigers, they came from the Circus Hall of Fame in Peru.
    DSC_0779.jpg

DSC_0784.jpg

Max the Tiger
    DSC_0795.jpg

Kisa the Lion
    DSC_0797.jpg

DSC_0802.jpg

Lilly
    DSC_0831.jpg

DSC_0848.jpg

TopDog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Nov 23, 2008
    Also not a fan of felines, but those are some great shots. Thanks for posting them.

terrehautian

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 6, 2012
    I love this place, there is only about 90 cats in the pubic area. They have over 200 cats. There is a couple ways to see them all. One is volunteer there and the other is to stay in the building they have to stay over night in. I want to do both. I plan on volunteering with building projects at the center.

eldirector

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 29, 2009
    Brownsburg, IN
    Great pics! Thanks for sharing. That is one of my wife's favorite day trips, and we have been donors for several years. I'm glad a place like this exists to take in cats that would otherwise be put down.

Might have to head down that way yet this winter! The cold helps with that "cat smell"!

Mackey

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 4, 2011
    interwebs
    Thanks for sharing the pictures. I don't like to see caged animals in general ... in cats especially, the captivity really tends to warp them, but these were very good.

terrehautian

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 6, 2012
    When it snows again, I am going to this place, heard the cats like the snow.

Thanks for sharing the pictures. I don't like to see caged animals in general ... in cats especially, the captivity really tends to warp them, but these were very good.

Sadly, the reason the center has the cats is because of previous owners who don't treat them right or can't have them anymore. Kisa is a prime example. When she was a baby, she was fed cat food instead of raw meat. That has caused so many issues. The white tigers at the center all have vision problems. There is very few healthy white tigers. I say healthy, but what I mean is if a breeder finds any problem with a baby, they just get rid of it or kill it. There is many stories for each cat that the volunteers know.

Panama

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Jul 13, 2008
    Racing Capital
    Great pictures!
    The wife and I went there for our first visit this past fall, it will not be our last visit. The place is very cool. We snapped a few pictures while we were there too.
    I highly recommend going if you have never been there.

dsc3181b.jpg

dsc3191y.jpg

dsc3166n.jpg

dsc3147c.jpg

dsc3154z.jpg

dsc3240n.jpg

dsc3255.jpg

dscn0014v.jpg

dsc3245x.jpg

Sirshredalot

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Mar 15, 2011
    Muncie
    DSC_0848.jpg
    [/QUOTE]

Does the look on this critters face not scare the crap out of anyone else?

Im sorry, but If I ran across this guy and he was loose...I couldnt empty my gun or my bowels fast enough....Lions are scary as hell!

God bless
    -Shred

The Stig

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Oct 14, 2011
    Eastern Greene
    My son and I ran a 5k race through the cats' compound a few years ago. Ok, he ran, I mostly walked.

Some of the cats would run along the fenceline with you as you neared the finish line.

Pretty neat. Very good pictures.

eldirector

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 29, 2009
    Brownsburg, IN
    Great pics!

Here are a couple I snapped a while back.

picture.php

picture.php

Mentioned a day trip to my wife this afternoon. She is a tad worried the cats may think our 2-year-old is a snack.

jdmack79

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Aug 20, 2009
    Lawrence County

Im sorry, but If I ran across this guy and he was loose...I couldnt empty my gun or my bowels fast enough....Lions are scary as hell!

God bless
    -Shred

For all we know he actually is loose. This place has a history of letting animals escape. There were reports last year of a large feline eating peoples animals in the Terre Haute area. Some individuals had pictures of paw prints, and there were sightings of a large cat. It very well could have been a native animal, or it could be an escapee. I don't think that we will ever know how many or what kind of animals that the rescue center has actually lost.

eric001

Vaguely well-known member
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Apr 3, 2011
    Indianapolis

God bless
    -Shred[/QUOTE]

Naaahhhhhh. He looks bored. No reason to be scared of bored!! Now if his lips were curled up baring fangs and he had that "I'm going to eat you, your whole family, and most of your friends just because I'm mad!" look--THEN be scared!!! :laugh:

Top Bottom