• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • boogieman

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    48   0   0
    Nov 14, 2009
    under your bed!!!
    Last night I was on my way home from work about 8:30 when I got pulled over by an IMPD officer. I was at 38th and Pendleton Pike, which isnt the best part of town to start with. After I went through the intersection he put his lights on, so I turned my signal on and pulled into a CVS parking lot. I then proceded to shut my truck off, roll my window down, and then put my hands on my head (it was pretty dark and dont want any issues after the officer Moore incident).

About that time the officer put his spot light on me, and was sitting in his car longer than usual (I've been pulled over more than a few times). I then start hearing sirens from other cars and 2 more cars pull up in a big hurry and all 3 officers get out and come from all directions around my truck. I wasn't scared because I know I hadn't done anything but figured something was going on. The first officer then came to my window and first thing he said was thanks for putting my hands on my head where they could clearly see them. Then he asked me who the tuck belonged to and I informed him that it was mine but in my wifes name.

Next came the question I was waiting for. Do you have any weapons in the vehicle? I informed him that I did have a revolver sitting next to my right thigh between the seats. He then asked me to keep my hands up, step out of the truck, then put my hands on the bed of the truck for his and the other officers safety. I did what he asked of me and he secured the gun and then gave me a thorough pat down, and placed everything from my pockets and the firearm on the hood of my truck.

They then asked me for my license and registration which I gave them. One of the officers stood watch over me while one ran my license and registration, and the other ran the serial number on my gun. Everything came back clean (of course). When the other officers came back to my truck the one of them that had my gun opened the passenger door and placed the gun under the pasenger seat and asked me to leave it there until after I was out of their sight. The other officer then returned all the stuff from my pockets and whatnot.

They then informed me that they were on a call about a rolling disturbance that had happened a few miles away and that my truck matched the description of the suspect vehicle. I also had a white car in front of me at the light which was also the color of the second vehicle in the disturbance. If I understood right the man in the truck pulled his wife from her car and beat her at a stop light.

All in all the officers were as polite and cordial as could be expected in the given situation. I have no problems or complaints at all about the way they handled things. As they were telling me that I was free to go the first officer came up to me and said "Thank you for doing everything right".

Just a quick question for LEO. After they took my pistol, they never did ask me if I have a LTCH, which struck me as a little odd. My question is when you run a drivers license does it show that I have my LTCH or did they just assume?

Tactical Dave

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Feb 21, 2010
    Plainfield
    3...2...1 for the people about to get fired up for the officers taking away your rights......:laugh: (seems I was beat to it haha).

All the IMPD guys I have run into but one (downtown motorcycle cop) have been really down to earth and not a problem. I tend to put my keys on the door and have my hands hanging out the door with the dome light on.......... have only got verbal warnings and a writen warning (state trooper during the day) doing that.

Tactical Dave

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Feb 21, 2010
    Plainfield
    Unlawful search and seizure.

So if you get pulled over and they ask for your liscene and regestration you would say no per unlawful search since you know they will look you up in the system?

If your car looks suspicious and as you are driving down the street they run your plate to see if the car is stolen this is wrong to you?

Just saying all this because I know were this thread was going to go when it was posted.

Sorry for the 2 posts in a row.

boogieman

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    48   0   0
    Nov 14, 2009
    under your bed!!!
    I didnt mean to start anything with this post, I just wanted to give my perspective on an encounter with IMPD, that I had NO problem with. I think they handled everything great and seemed like outstanding officers just doing their job.

Tactical Dave

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Feb 21, 2010
    Plainfield
    Johnnyes99, the problem with the pull over threads is that there are many that like to jump on the "they violated your rights" stuff regardless of how well the stop went....

Que

Meekness ≠ Weakness
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98%
    48   1   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Blacksburg
    Let's not compare apples to oranges. Read what was written because I think some are commending on the wrong "search and seizure" issue.

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    Re-read the OP? O.K., will do, TD.

I was at 38th and Pendleton Pike, which isnt the best part of town to start with. After I went through the intersection he put his lights on, so I turned my signal on and pulled into a CVS parking lot.

The only thing surprising about 38th Street is not being pulled over on 38th Street.:D

ISHOOTHST'S

Master
    Rating - 93.3%
    14   1   0
    Nov 14, 2009
    Iyaf
    That area must of been not so great last night because a friend of mine posted this on Facebook yesterday evening.

"becareful im on 38th by Mernards they pullin ppl over they pulled 1 person over an had 5 back up cars for 1 guy wow"

RichardR

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 21, 2010
    Well as long as YOU are ok with being pulled over, having to keep your hands on top of your head, being disarmed, having your body crevices searched & everything taken out of your pockets, while being detained simply because your vehicle "matches the description" of a couple million other vehicles on the road.

Personally I would have been rather irritated & annoyed with being treated like a criminal because I drove a "blue sedan" or "red truck".

Tactical Dave

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Feb 21, 2010
    Plainfield
    Well as long as YOU are ok with being pulled over, having to keep your hands on top of your head, being disarmed, having your body crevices searched & everything taken out of your pockets, while being detained simply because your vehicle "matches the description" of a couple million other vehicles on the road.

Personally I would have been rather irritated & annoyed with being treated like a criminal.

Tecnically it was his car that was disarmed and it was his decision to put his hands on his head.............:n00b:

Top Bottom