• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • dustjunky2000

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 30, 2009
    Greenfield
    Anybody have any experience with the recoil-reducing stocks? I've seen several types, but never tested any of them. My curiosity was 1st aroused because my wife likes the .12ga, but she's terrified to shoot even the tamest loads out of it. She's extremely small framed and even bird load hurts her shoulder and nearly knocks her off balance. Also, anything that would help with the recoil on those awful 3" mags would be a serious upside for me as well. I was thinking of getting one of these RR stocks. Any thoughts on them?

lildave

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 30, 2008
    Indianapolis
    I also the Blackhawk on my 12 ga. I use it for the 3 1/2 in turkey loads and it does help. Havent' tried any of the others, but I can recommend the Blackhawk.

Joe Williams

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 26, 2008
    A quick check of prices on Google looks like they run $100-$110. Heck, at that price, you are already halfway to just getting her her own 20 guage, then you've got two guns :)

MrsGungho

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 18, 2008
    East Side
    Both suggestions (Knoxx & Mesa) made in this thread are very good choices.
    As a woman I too don't like getting pounded every time I pick up a shotgun.
    I have shot with both and I love both.
    Knoxx will run you (INGO pricing) in our shop $109.
    Mesa will run you $269.
    TacticalShotgunner.com
    I prefer the Mesa as it does reduce, IMHO, just a tad more and I like the looks and feel of it better.
    If you are so inclined, bring her into the shop, we have shotguns set up with both. Let her fondle and shoulder both to see how they feel for her. Not trying to make a sale, just wanting you to get her what is best for her.
    I have a 20 gauge set up with a knoxx. Shoots well and even my daughters (19 & 22) shoot it and have no issues.

g00n24

Expert
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 14, 2009
    IN
    I have a knox recoil-reducing stock on my 870, it is not a pistol grip one. It does a really nice job of cutting down on the recoil. With soft target loads its like shooting nothing. You still feel a decent amount of recoil from slugs and buckshot but it is most definitely reduced.

dustjunky2000

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 30, 2009
    Greenfield
    I also the Blackhawk on my 12 ga. I use it for the 3 1/2 in turkey loads and it does help. Havent' tried any of the others, but I can recommend the Blackhawk.

Exactrly what I want to hear. I need some personal experiences before I shell out $100 or more for a stock.

A quick check of prices on Google looks like they run $100-$110. Heck, at that price, you are already halfway to just getting her her own 20 guage, then you've got two guns :)

Exactly why I'm asking you guys first. I don't wanna drop that kind of cash without some reassurance. I don't see her getting her own shotty, as she is firmly fixed on getting an EBR. :rolleyes: :D

Check out the Mesa Tactical Endine System. It is the cost of another shotgun but completely worth it if one is recoil shy or if one has a hard time shooting from any type of arm/shoulder/major surgery.

I'll check it out with her. The price kind of sways me. I'm no moneybags. :D

Both suggestions (Knoxx & Mesa) made in this thread are very good choices.
    As a woman I too don't like getting pounded every time I pick up a shotgun.
    I have shot with both and I love both.
    Knoxx will run you (INGO pricing) in our shop $109.
    Mesa will run you $269.
    TacticalShotgunner.com
    I prefer the Mesa as it does reduce, IMHO, just a tad more and I like the looks and feel of it better.
    If you are so inclined, bring her into the shop, we have shotguns set up with both. Let her fondle and shoulder both to see how they feel for her. Not trying to make a sale, just wanting you to get her what is best for her.
    I have a 20 gauge set up with a knoxx. Shoots well and even my daughters (19 & 22) shoot it and have no issues.

Awesome! I'm all over that. I'll stop by with her sometime this week. :rockwoot:

I have a knox recoil-reducing stock on my 870, it is not a pistol grip one. It does a really nice job of cutting down on the recoil. With soft target loads its like shooting nothing. You still feel a decent amount of recoil from slugs and buckshot but it is most definitely reduced.

Another vote for Knoxx. :D

My curiosity was 1st aroused because my wife likes the .12ga, but she's terrified to shoot even the tamest loads out of it. quote]

Put a Knoxx stock on it and shoot Federal LE13200 2 3/4" 00 reduced recoil .

Also , have her "lean into" the gun a little .

Tried the reduced recoil rds, also tried tweaking her shooting stance and grip. She still gets thrown around when she's firing anything substantial. She's REALLY tiny! Everybody thinks it's funny that she's so small, and she carries a .45. :D

the limbsaver slip on pad or the fitted butt pad works great. $30. never had one on a shotgun. but it cut my 30-30 marlin recoil in half.

LimbSaver : Products : Precision-Fit Recoil Pad
    LimbSaver : Products : Slip-On Recoil Pad

Thanks for the links will check them both out! :yesway:

My vote!! I have had 2 shoulder surgery's and this is the only way I can shot a 12G.

And one more for Knoxx!

Dogman

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 5, 2008
    Hamilton County
    Have the Knoxx Spec-ops with the pistol grip on my Rem. 870, I also shoot Federal LE Tactical 00 buckshot low recoil, 1145fps, 23/4 inch. The recoil is such that you can hold the shotgun up with one hand and shoot it. My wife has no problems shooting the Rem. 870.

davedolli

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    106   0   0
    Jun 23, 2009
    Clinton IN
    I have a Knoxx Compstock on a Mossberg 500, and it works great. My grandson is 5'5" 110 # and has no problem at all shooting deer slugs with it. It comes with an overmolded forearm also. I would recommend it.
    Dave

Top Bottom