Expert testifies that a single round from an AR-15 can sever the upper body from the lower body

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • gassprint1

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 15, 2015
    NWI
    So in post 22...rifling of a barrel makes a bullet tumble. Very interesting. The experts i always got info from said rifling gave the bullet a spin. Must be getting bad info from dealers and gunsmiths just to sell stuff.

chipbennett

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 18, 2014
    Avon
    Expert testifies that a single round from an AR-15 can sever the upper body from the lower body

Col. Craig Tucker has testified that a single round from an AR-15 “is capable of severing the upper body from the lower body, or decapitation.” Furthermore, it’s useless as a defensive weapon, except maybe when used to beat an attacker with it.

Perhaps he is confusing a 5.56 round with a 55.6 one, eh.
    The Colonel (retired, scandal) is either utterly incompetent as an "expert" or else he perjured himself. There's no middle ground here.

yotehunt

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Feb 2, 2021
    Not Iraq
    Also, they basically proved this in the real life drama turned movie “the Jackal”.

Bruce Willis did a great job with auto tracking, cutting up people.

Brad69

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 16, 2016
    Perry county
    So I have been wrong for all the years and thousands of Soldiers I trained. The bullet may “wobble“ after hitting flesh. In addition it may also shed it‘s jacket or break at the cannelure causing tumbling.

This is the desired effect but it may not do anything but drill though the bad guy. So basically you have shot the bad guy with a really fast .22.

Normally a NCO is considered the SME on weapons. Officers are trained on weapons by NCO’s.

A COL would not be a SME on small arms way to far removed from reality to be objective about small arms.

If you didn’t serve think of Enlisted and NCO’s are “blue collar“. Officers are “white collar“.
    Warrant Officers are in between and just do what they want.

yotehunt

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Feb 2, 2021
    Not Iraq
    So I have been wrong for all the years and thousands of Soldiers I trained. The bullet may “wobble“ after hitting flesh. In addition it may also shed it‘s jacket or break at the cannelure causing tumbling.

This is the desired effect but it may not do anything but drill though the bad guy. So basically you have shot the bad guy with a really fast .22.

Normally a NCO is considered the SME on weapons. Officers are trained on weapons by NCO’s.

A COL would not be a SME on small arms way to far removed from reality to be objective about small arms.

If you didn’t serve think of Enlisted and NCO’s are “blue collar“. Officers are “white collar“.
    Warrant Officers are in between and just do what they want.
    Agreed. I did what I wanted. Though I also trained many as well while doing what I wanted.

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    I know the crayon box says: "non toxic", but apparently, there are other effects....

....yep, Leathernecks, Col. Craig Tucker is one of yours.

foszoe

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jun 2, 2011
    What gr? What bullet? Can I reload this ammo or is it commercially available? How does it perform out of a 9" barrel braced?

Top Bottom