• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • calcot7

Master
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Dec 12, 2008
    Indy N Side
    I accidently threw a two pack of Surefire 123A batteries in my stove in the shop. The first one went off after about 30 minutes.........the second a couple of minutes later. It was pretty darned loud. About as loud as a .22LR from a rifle. Scared the s_ _ t out of me but did get the fire going pretty good. I can only imagine what a grenade would sound like and I am not sure my stove would survive the blast.

TaunTaun

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 21, 2011
    Dropped my mini-maglite in the firepit earlier this summer...I had it all of a week before it happened. Scared the crap out of the wife when the batteries started going off and the flashlight itself went popping through the air...

printcraft

INGO Clown
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 14, 2008
    Uranus
    I accidently threw a two pack of Surefire 123A batteries in my stove in the shop. The first one went off after about 30 minutes.........the second a couple of minutes later. It was pretty darned loud. About as loud as a .22LR from a rifle. Scared the s_ _ t out of me but did get the fire going pretty good. I can only imagine what a grenade would sound like and I am not sure my stove would survive the blast.

Is it wrong that I laughed when I read this? :D

shibumiseeker

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    50   0   0
    Nov 11, 2009
    near Bedford on a whole lot of land.
    I just tried to find a post I read on the USENET (yes, I am that old) newsgroup misc.rural from some time in the early 90s: a guy was trying to fire temper some flint nodules (for tool making) he'd picked up out of a streambed. Middle of the night they started exploding in his stove and he said it sounded like a small war was going on inside it all night. Much funnier than I wrote here, but I couldn't locate it.

hoosierdoc

Freed prisoner
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 27, 2011
    Galt's Gulch
    The most striking thing about this to me is that apparently in Austria you can purchase wood at a store large enough to hide a grenade in! Here you get slivers left over from log mills.

the remnants of battle fascinate me. I would love to have Xray vision and be able to see all the stuff laying around Europe and New England (except the bones).

Top Bottom