• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Vigilant

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Jul 12, 2008
    Plainfield
    Hmm. I guess I'm at a school of thought that if I can't do it with 17 rounds in the first magazine..I might be doing something wrong.. that and I haven't picked up a second magazine
    Hmm. I guess I'm at the school of thought that if the baseplate of my 17 rounder comes off and dumps all the BB's in the first magazine..I might be doing something wrong by not having a spare mag.

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    Watching a Glock magazine with a +2 basepad come off and dump all the rounds is a sickening feeling, even if you're just watching someone else. It would be worse during a tense social situation for one of the involved parties.

Okay . . . for you guys who carry a spare mag:

Do you carry it (or another) so that it's accessible with either hand?

I know a lot of guys who plan ahead and make sure they can reach their gun with either hand (or carry a second), but not as many who make sure that additional ammunition is within reach of either hand.

kawtech87

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Nov 17, 2011
    Martinsville
    Okay . . . for you guys who carry a spare mag:

Do you carry it (or another) so that it's accessible with either hand?

I know a lot of guys who plan ahead and make sure they can reach their gun with either hand (or carry a second), but not as many who make sure that additional ammunition is within reach of either hand.

Damn it! just when I thought I had my EDC gear in all the right spot, someone has to come along and poke holes in my set up with logic. Sheesh.

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    Damn it! just when I thought I had my EDC gear in all the right spot, someone has to come along and poke holes in my set up with logic. Sheesh.

I am often very inconvenient!

I had to learn this lesson from my late friend Louis Awerbuck over the span of a couple of years. When he "taught" me that I can't reach my strong side gun with my left hand, he recommended a second gun. I listened! Then, when I couldn't reload my strong side gun without using my support hand, I learned that I need to carry a spare mag on my strong side too.

chezuki

Human
    Rating - 100%
    48   0   0
    Mar 18, 2009
    Behind Bars
    I am often very inconvenient!

I had to learn this lesson from my late friend Louis Awerbuck over the span of a couple of years. When he "taught" me that I can't reach my strong side gun with my left hand, he recommended a second gun. I listened! Then, when I couldn't reload my strong side gun without using my support hand, I learned that I need to carry a spare mag on my strong side too.

Any suggestions for AIWB mag carriers? I'm guilty of pocket carrying spare mags, and am looking to rectify the situation.

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    Any suggestions for AIWB mag carriers? I'm guilty of pocket carrying spare mags, and am looking to rectify the situation.

I have a couple in Blade-Tech mag pouches on my support side at about 9:00. The righty is at about 5:00 in a Safariland horizontal pouch. It's not fast, but it's secure and it doesn't bump into side fat or backfat.

Carry a spare mag AIWB.

Saying that, I have yet to do it...

That might work on the left side (opposite of appendix) if you wear it low enough, but that's also where your second gun should be anyway.

kawtech87

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Nov 17, 2011
    Martinsville

DeSantis Fly High Tuckable Mag Pouch Glock HK Double Stack 9 40 Cal

I have a couple of these and I am very happy with them. I have never tried to carry them AIWB but I am sure they would work well. And they are tuckable if you need to deep CC

For the non-Glock guys. This model works well with my CZ mags and should work for most steel double stack mags.
    http://www.midwayusa.com/product/26...aliber-magazine-not-glock-or-hk-leather-black

BrentC

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 21, 2014
    Louisville
    I keep two G22 mags in a Crossbreed dual magazine carrier for my G23. Maybe over kill but oh well. Heck sometimes I will also pocket carry my Shield and a spare magazine in the other for it too in the other pocket both in Desantis's.

CWELLS1313

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    May 28, 2014
    Indianapolis
    I have my get home bag I have loaded mags for everything I may carry but it depends if im carrying 14+1 in my .40 I wont carry one on my person but my 1911 I like to have an extra

Leo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 3, 2011
    Lafayette, IN
    My open carry holster has a mag pouch built into the front . I keep a spare mag in that. If the holster did not have the mag carrier already on it, I probably would not carry extras.

U.S. Patriot

Grandmaster
    Rating - 87.5%
    7   1   0
    Jan 30, 2009
    Columbus
    Yes. For those that don't, what if you have a mag malfunction? Now you have a fancy paper weight. What if you have a double feed? Seeing as you have to remove the source of ammo. That means you can't just drop your mag, but have to retain it. It's like saying I don't need a spare tire, I only work five minutes from home.

hpclayto

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   1
    Nov 8, 2008
    Carry a spare mag AIWB.

Saying that, I have yet to do it...

I carry a spare AIWB no problem.

15ogzv9.jpg

2yxprn6.jpg

Please disregard the very unflattering picture!

Top Bottom