• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    Amazing. I have seen Nazi Party color footage but this is rare German colorized footage to be sure.

In the first part at 2:08, is that a PPS-43 he is using?

Great StG44/MP-44 shots!

And the footage from Italy was fantastic!

mrjarrell

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 18, 2009
    Hamilton County
    When I click the link the page comes up but has nothing in it, after a few seconds a bar appears at the top asking me to subscribe then the loading bar says that loading is complete.
    Sounds like you have a browser issue. I'd suggest trying a different browser and seeing if the same thing happens. I've had no issues with viewing it and no-one else has reported any, either. :dunno:

paintman

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    38   0   0
    Dec 3, 2011
    new castle indiana
    Just great video! German soldiers look like soldiers worldwide going about their jobs.

ive always noticed that it seems like no matter what was happening german soldiers were always pretty well dressed and walked with a swagger like they had just conquered the world. they just seem well disciplined at all times. what they did was sickening but that part of history and the way they presented themselves has always been intriguing to me and peaked my interest to know, why did these men that could very well have been great guys do the things they did.

Redtbird

Master
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Apr 18, 2012
    Monroe County
    Yesterday evening I watched four hours about the war in Europe on H2. It was in two parts: Third Reich - The Rise, and The Fall. The film clips shown were taken mostly by German citizens and soldiers during the time from the late 20s/early 30s to the end in 1945. A lot of the film was in color, and some was rather graphic. If it comes up again, it is well worth watching for the first or even a second time. Extremely interesting to watch things from 'the other side'. Watch your television listings.

gregkl

Outlier
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Apr 8, 2012
    Bloomington
    Wow. Talk about one of the most horrible jobs in the entire war...

I never got that feeling from him. He was regular Army in a horse drawn division. None of the politics, no SS hanging around. Just fight and try to live for another day. His unit finally got down to him and 3 others when he was shot through the neck, then taken as a POW in Russian camps for over 5 years. He was freed several months after the war ended. He carried a P38 on his hip, a Mauser and was a machine gunner too.

He had lot's of neat stories he would share with us boys as we grew up.

Toughest man I have ever known or probably will ever know! I could tell stories for a long time about his war experience and what it was like growing up in our household!:)

femurphy77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 5, 2009
    S.E. of disorder
    I never got that feeling from him. He was regular Army in a horse drawn division. None of the politics, no SS hanging around. Just fight and try to live for another day. His unit finally got down to him and 3 others when he was shot through the neck, then taken as a POW in Russian camps for over 5 years. He was freed several months after the war ended. He carried a P38 on his hip, a Mauser and was a machine gunner too.

He had lot's of neat stories he would share with us boys as we grew up.

Toughest man I have ever known or probably will ever know! I could tell stories for a long time about his war experience and what it was like growing up in our household!:)

ANybody that could be shot thru the neck and survive 5 years as a russian pow deserves respect regardless the color of his uniform!

Top Bottom