• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • CindyE

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jul 19, 2011
    north/central IN
    Question: I've never gotten a completely satisfactory answer to this: Why use tape? Why not just close the dominant eye?

BTW, being cross eye dominant myself, I just squint my left eye until my right eye takes over its duties, then I can open it back up a little. Got it down now so it's almost automatic.

I'm not sure- i'm guessing it is to train to shoot with both eyes open. :dunno:

halfmileharry

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Dec 2, 2010
    South of Indy
    My GF loves to powder the birds. It's her "Gun World" and the only gun sport that keeps her attention.
    She's a right handed shooter but left eye dominant or so she thought.
    I molded a comb pad that raised her cheek up just enough to get the right eye as the primary focus eye and it's really helped her a lot. GUN FIT.
    Now I just have to get her to stay on her follow through instead of peeking at the birds after the shot.

Leo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 3, 2011
    Lafayette, IN
    The original poster said they had trouble closing only one eye. Lots of people use a blinder when shooting. They attachments to your glasses or to the brim of your hat. A simple piece of take works also. No real wrong solution here.

slow1911s

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    Indianapolis
    Question: I've never gotten a completely satisfactory answer to this: Why use tape? Why not just close the dominant eye?

BTW, being cross eye dominant myself, I just squint my left eye until my right eye takes over its duties, then I can open it back up a little. Got it down now so it's almost automatic.

Squinting one eye causes strain and fatigue in the other, which leads to loss of sharpness, depth of field, peripheral vision ...

Pay attention sometime to the tension in your face. If I catch myself with a lot of tension in my face and then relax, I find that my vision improves.

Top Bottom