• ...and so much more!
  • esrice

Certified Regular Guy
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Jan 16, 2008
    Indy
    safetyglassesusa_2008_5679

Safety Glasses USA - Safety Glasses, Eye Protection, Shooting Glasses, Bifocal Safety Glasses, Wiley X and more.

That's where lovemywoods and I got ours from. The toughest part is trying to narrow down which ones you want, with what color lenses.

Keep in mind, some of these aren't TOP QUALITY glasses, but they certainly do the job. We ordered 3 pairs of each style we liked, to keep extras around. At $3-5 each they can easily be replaced if they become damaged or scratched.

Here are mine:
    safetyglassesusa_2005_41334187

Benny

Grandmaster
    Rating - 66.7%
    2   1   0
    May 20, 2008
    Drinking your milkshake
    For the longest time I just wore a pair of cheapo amber-tinted air-soft glasses .

One of my best friends that just finished 4 years in the 82nd gave me a 3 piece lens set of ballistic Oakley safety glasses, along with a bunch of other neat stuff. He said it was payback for the frequent care packages I sent him during his multiple tours in the sandbox...I laughed at him and told him my care packages weren't even close to enough payment for his service, but I was grateful anyway.:)

I would think that anything type of (somewhat sturdy) plastic that covers your eyes and the surrounding area will suffice. If you have a KB or the likes and it is enough to break the plastic, you have more worries than just damaged eyes.

Scutter01

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    I'd like to find some safety glasses that fit well over prescription glasses. I haven't found any yet.

medicman

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 24, 2008
    Brown County
    Wiley X PT-1. I only wear glasses that pass the military fragmentation standard. It is tougher than the ANSI standard. I figure I only have one pair of eyes so I want to protect them as best I can.

nighthawk80

Master
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Mar 22, 2008
    Trafalger
    I'd like to find some safety glasses that fit well over prescription glasses. I haven't found any yet.

I just resorted to wearing contacts with sftyglasses till I got my prescription safty glasses.
    I realized most of the over the glasses glasses just make ya look dweeby. Which I didn't need anymore of:rockwoot:

jimbo-indy

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    N.W. Indy
    I recently purchased some safety glasses that look similar to the Oakley's but have a clip on lens holder that fits behind the glasses . You can then have this fitted with your prescription lenses. I got my lenses ground at Lenscrafters and even had them modified to fit my sight picture. I wear tri-focals so I need the middle lens to focus on the fornt sight and the top lens to focus on the target. Since I don't need the close-up reading lens, I had them leave that out. Now my shooting glasses have the distance lens on top and the midrange lens on bottom with the divider being about in the cneter of my eye. I can chose either correction by a very slight tip of my head.
    The outer lens is Mil-spec and is advertised to withstand a shotgun blast @ 30 feet. Clear, yellow and gray lenses are inclded with the set.
    I will look up the supplier and post their information tomorrow.
    I am very pleased with the product and shoot better with these glasses.

Scutter01

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    My biggest problem is that the arms on safety glasses don't extend back far enough. Because I'm already wearing glasses, the safety glasses have to sit farther down the bridge of my nose, and not where they should sit. The arms aren't designed to have them sit so far forward. This makes them unstable, and they tend to slide down. With a properly designed bridge and/or longer arms to accommodate the adjusted bridge position, they would work just fine.

Episcopus

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 8, 2008
    Northwest Indiana
    My biggest problem is that the arms on safety glasses don't extend back far enough. Because I'm already wearing glasses, the safety glasses have to sit farther down the bridge of my nose, and not where they should sit. The arms aren't designed to have them sit so far forward. This makes them unstable, and they tend to slide down. With a properly designed bridge and/or longer arms to accommodate the adjusted bridge position, they would work just fine.

I still say you should :rockwoot: the mask

Top Bottom