• ...and so much more!
  • morve80

Sharpshooter
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Aug 12, 2023
    Speedway
    I was just thinking the other day, I know, that's when the trouble starts...

Could a person with a registered full auto m16 take out the trigger, leave the auto sear, and drop in a enclosed flat 3lb drop in trigger? The auto sear and safety would still function the same, right? I feel that the answer would/should be obvious. I feel it is yes. But I figured I'd start a conversation in case people with more knowledge than me had ideas or opinions I didn't consider. Some would say why would you need/want to. I don't know! I don't have a machine gun. I was just day dreaming and thinking of scenarios while I was fighting this double ear infection. Lol.

Last edited:

morve80

Sharpshooter
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Aug 12, 2023
    Speedway
    It finally dawned on me to google flat milspec triggers. And they make them. So really you would have no use for using a drop in trigger then. Oh well.

Aszerigan

Grandmaster
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    336   0   0
    Aug 20, 2009
    Bean Blossom, IN
    No. They don't work the same way as standard triggers. There are five parts - the trigger, disconnector, selector, sear and hammer that are different from the standard ar15 parts. They are not interchangeable... kinda.

A person with a registered, legal full auto lower could put a semi trigger, hammer, and disconnector in an M16 and make it semi auto, yes. But why...?

Creedmoor

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Mar 10, 2022
    Madison Co Indiana
    No. They don't work the same way as standard triggers. There are five parts - the trigger, disconnector, selector, sear and hammer that are different from the standard ar15 parts. They are not interchangeable... kinda.

A person with a registered, legal full auto lower could put a semi trigger, hammer, and disconnector in an M16 and make it semi auto, yes. But why...?
    Who would own such horrible weapons of war.

morve80

Sharpshooter
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Aug 12, 2023
    Speedway
    Apparently cmc makes a full auto drop in replacement trigger. It's curved, not straight, but still, like a 3.5lb pull.

Top Bottom