Fabrique Nationale .45ACP 15rd handguns!!!!

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • seldon14

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Fort Wayne
    They are pretty awesome. Cocked and locked carry or decocked option without switching parts, true ambi slide catch, safety, and mag release. Nicer grip than most any other double stack 45.

TopDog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Nov 23, 2008
    I own a FNP9 and thought it was the the bees' knees until I rented and shot a FNX40 at Indy Trading Post.
    Nutnfancy called the "FNP-9 Sig for less". http://http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CC38_JFrkjs

I love everything about these two FN's, fit in my hand, accuracy and reliability. The differences between the two are basically the controls and the FNX has a redesigned frame. The FNX redesign was to give it a lower barrel axis. I like the way both feel and shoot. You should if you can shoot or at least hold both to get an idea of which you might like better.

I live on the west side of Indy. PM if you would like to meet somewhere I can bring you the FNP9 for you shoot. By the way the FNP's were phased out in favor of the newer FNX so they might be hard to find.

Last edited:

Manatee

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 18, 2011
    Indiana
    FN is underrated and/or unknown in many areas of the country. The FNP45 (hammer gun not strikerfired) that I had for a few years was accurate with somewhat less recoil than a 1911. I went back to the 1911 simply because the FN was so large/bulky. But, if you open carry, it's a crowd pleaser!

Kedric

Master
    Rating - 80%
    4   1   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Grant Co.
    I haven't played with the FNX, but I have had an FNP 45 tactical (extended threaded barrel for a suppressor) for a couple of years now and it is without a doubt, my favorite handgun currently. Finding holsters and mags is a pain in the arse, as there is not a lot of support for them in the first place (g-code, for example, cancelled their plans to make a holster this past spring due to "lack of demand"), but like Manatee said above, they are seriously underrated and/or ignored in many areas of the country.

I wouldn't try to CC one, but for home defense, target shooting, if you open carry, etc I think it is just about perfect.

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    Another plastic pistol. Well built. May have the unlocking issues that the M&P does (only matter at longer ranges).

The pistols fit my thicks hands fine but it depends if you are a tall chick or not.

If you are built like Brittney Griner (woman with a 7 ft. span and an optimal span/height ratio of 1.05), then no issues. Like everything else in guns, the subjective is objective.

Yeah, hands like this, not a problem for any pistol, lol:

Last edited:

Juday

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 12, 2011
    I have the FNX-45 Tactical with the extended and threaded barrel, cutout on the slide to attach a Trijicon RMR, or similar mini reflex sight and with the 15+1 round capacity of .45ACP. Very nice and very smooth shooting pistol. It was my fist polymer pistol I purchased and so far, I'm not disappointed.

long coat

Master
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Jun 6, 2010
    Avon
    What are the differences between the FNP and FNX?

See post 3, I have a FNP 9 and love it. The only thing I have seen on the FNX that I would like to have on the FNP is the rail. The FNP rail only has one cut out and the FNX has 4.

nipprdog

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Jan 11, 2009
    Tippecanoe county
    I have the FNX-45 Tactical with the extended and threaded barrel, cutout on the slide to attach a Trijicon RMR, or similar mini reflex sight and with the 15+1 round capacity of .45ACP. Very nice and very smooth shooting pistol. It was my fist polymer pistol I purchased and so far, I'm not disappointed.

I got to shoot one of those a couple months ago at the local range. Very nice, and very accurate. ;)

Juday

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 12, 2011
    What are the differences between the FNP and FNX?

The FNX is the next generation of the FNP. I believe FN upgraded some internals to help accept different ammo types, changed the magazine design and the fact is says "FNX" on the slide.

I forgot to mention that the sights on the FNX-45 Tactical are also taller than your standard sights. This is to compensate for the addition of a suppressor, if you so choose.

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    See post 3, I have a FNP 9 and love it. The only thing I have seen on the FNX that I would like to have on the FNP is the rail. The FNP rail only has one cut out and the FNX has 4.

Thanks!

The FNX is the next generation of the FNP. I believe FN upgraded some internals to help accept different ammo types, changed the magazine design and the fact is says "FNX" on the slide.

I forgot to mention that the sights on the FNX-45 Tactical are also taller than your standard sights. This is to compensate for the addition of a suppressor, if you so choose.

Thanks! Too bad the mags aren't the same.

Glock 21 has 15rd mags plus 1 in chamber.

Standard Glock 21 (.45ACP) magazines hold 13 rounds. The Glock 20 (10mm) looks the same and holds 15 rounds.

Dirtball

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 25, 2011
    Maybe it's just me but I had a FNP .40 that to date was the worst firearm I've ever owned. 2 mags into a new off the shelf pistol I noticed the recoil was different, pushing to the left, after removing the mag ,a spring and a chunk of plastic (polymer) came out with it. Customer service was abysmal. It took 4 phone calls and 5 days before I got an RMA and prepaid label, I sent the pistol and waited 4 weeks without a word. They had lost my gun, after I suggested they find it immediately they said they would call me back. 2 weeks later I called them to find it was junk and had to be replaced, but they had nothing to give me. Long story short, it took 6 months and an attorney threat to get my replacement that upon arrival had issues. I found the FNP 40 to be cheaply made by what I consider to be actual plastic not polymer of any kind. Maybe all is well in the FNH line up now, but that was my experience and ill never go back. Sucks because I really like the FNP .45 but I won't take the chance.

Gingerbread Man

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 8, 2013
    Columbia
    I have the FNP 45 that I had the slide milled for a Red Dot sight (RDS-Leupold Delta Point). The gun is absolutely FANTASTIC. The grip is great and adjustable, I use the medium grip. My stand by gun is the Glock 19 and while the FNP45 has a bit more girth it's not horrible. The recoil is very managable with 230gr FMJ and is a bit snappy with self defense loads. This gun was clearly made with a military application in mind but the recoil is not difficult to manage but you'll notice it with SD loads. The gun is very accurate if you do your part. After I had the RDS mounted hits on 8" steel plates is routinely easy. I really like the three position safety which has some cool functions. Up is cocked and locked or will lock the trigger in the double action position thus disabling the gun from being fired. The middle position allows the gun to function in it's normal DA/SA mode. The down position de-cocks the pistol and if you hold the safety inthe down position you can administratively empty the gun without having to de-cock. Not clear, here goes: 1. Hold the safety down. 2. Eject the mag 3. Rack the slide and eject the rd in the chamber. 4. The hammer will not cock so there is no need to decock. Neat huh.
    IMAG0346_zpsae635069.jpg

IMAG0234_zpsdaf179d7.jpg

rat-man

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 25, 2012
    where the work is
    :yesway:

The FNX 45 Tac is my planned home defense handgun. Handled and dry-fired one recently at a shop, SA trigger felt very good. Lukily the grip doesn't feel too big.

now to come up with the green...

Top Bottom