• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    I'm sure that this is true, but have you ever seen a LEO "Run the Numbers" without having the firearm in THEIR hands?

If the firearm comes up "Hot" the LEO has a responsibility to confiscate the firearm. If he does not he is in deep Sheet.

I can't claim to have a variety of experiences for useful comparative purposes. Since this was outside the realm of the original point, I hadn't considered it.

fullmetaljesus

Probably smoking a cigar.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    Indy
    yesterday, I met a fine gentleman from this forum in the parking lot of a tobacco store, bought a pretty sweet mosin, and bid him good day.

Mike_Indy

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 31, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Inside Pop's. At least some gun purchases in that building wouldn't be highway robbery that way.

Seriously, public parking area and use "common" sense.

giovani

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 8, 2012
    I bought a 10/22 off of armslist once and met the man in the parking lot infront of dicks sporting goods,I figured if any one saw it they would think I just bought it from dicks.

bartb

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 8, 2011
    Johnson County
    I'm sure that this is true, but have you ever seen a LEO "Run the Numbers" without having the firearm in THEIR hands?

If the firearm comes up "Hot" the LEO has a responsibility to confiscate the firearm. If he does not he is in deep Sheet.
    This is more or less what the Johnson County Deputy told me. So I took it down the road a bit and let him hold it while he ran the numbers. Inconveinient, but peace of mind with a clean gun.

Ewyss

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 25, 2012
    Why not meet at a church for ftf. Or a porta-potty. They are about as reasonable as some of the suggestions in this thread.

bnatc

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 30, 2008
    A public parking lot, in the back is what I use. If it is a rifle, then show it in the trunk, and have a bag to cover it with for transfer. Handguns are no problem, since no one can really see them from a distance unless you wave it in the air. Just make sure its somewhere where plenty of people are around, during daylight. Stay away from college campuses ;).

Excellent advice! :rockwoot:

Top Bottom