12687848_151059578608012_335237833466720951_n.jpg

Snapdragon

know-it-all tart
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Nov 5, 2013
    NW Indiana
    I belong to several FB gun pages. I agree with comments about pricing. While I have seen a few decent deals, most FB prices are crazy overpriced. I understand that Mr Zukerberg is FB's daddy and should have the privelege of running FB as he sees fit and if he doesnt want to sell guns then he shouldnt have too. What's scary is where does it stop? Maybe next he will outlaw any FB pages that mention Christians for Jesus. Then maybe outlaw any pages Political in nature. And so on and so on. It's possible this is the first in many dangerous steps. Where will it end. What's the old adage about good men standing by doing nothing until there was only one left??????

Truly perilous times!!!!

This is not the beginning of the slippery slope. For as long as I can remember, FB has prohibited other "objectionable" content like nudity and hate speech.

DapperDan

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 12, 2016
    Southern Indiana
    Never been a memeber nor cared for Facebook. I prefer forums but seems like more and more of them are turning to Facebook, one plus to jointing this site was the amount of activity. I just prefer to be able to skim thru and read the threads that catch my interests instead of having a bunch of pointless crap to look through. I don't really care what so and so had for lunch or what their relationship status is.... Keep the forums alive

croy

Master
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Apr 22, 2012
    Indiana
    I've found some killer deals from Facebook gun groups. I'm sad to see it go, but this may be my last straw with favebook. Only reason I still had it was for guns

HKUSP

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Dec 5, 2015
    Danville, IN
    Hmm... I've been on Facebook for quite some time, and I never thought to look. I just figured that selling guns on there was banned right off the bat.

I do wonder though, why are other sites like Gunlistings and Armslist so under-used in Indiana? They were popular in Ohio.

dbrier

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jun 17, 2008
    Indianapolis IN
    Probably my biggest issue with the Facebook gun groups was that every time someone got their feathers ruffled, they started a different group. I think there were 8-10 Indiana groups at the time Facebook changed the rules. I followed 3-4 and it was lots of the same stuff posted over and over.

They were also flooded with a lot more cheap guns; Jennings, Raven, single shot shotguns, etc. For some odd reason, there were more xD and 1911 style pistols for sale than anything else. Many of the WTB posts were for guns $300 and under.

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    Probably my biggest issue with the Facebook gun groups was that every time someone got their feathers ruffled, they started a different group. I think there were 8-10 Indiana groups at the time Facebook changed the rules. I followed 3-4 and it was lots of the same stuff posted over and over.

They were also flooded with a lot more cheap guns; Jennings, Raven, single shot shotguns, etc. For some odd reason, there were more xD and 1911 style pistols for sale than anything else. Many of the WTB posts were for guns $300 and under.

I agree with too many groups. Seemed like every time you turned around someone wanted to start a new group.

DanVoils

Master
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    Feb 20, 2010
    I was an admin for Indiana Gun Post. We had over 20,000 members and little or no problems. Facebook deleted our group this morning. I feel sorry for anyone who had deals pending.

Snapdragon

know-it-all tart
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Nov 5, 2013
    NW Indiana
    I agree with too many groups. Seemed like every time you turned around someone wanted to start a new group.

I've stuck with one group where the people got familiar with each other. The guy who started it (who is also a NW INGO member) is very selective about who he lets in, so it cuts down on the douchebaggery.

Snapdragon

know-it-all tart
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Nov 5, 2013
    NW Indiana
    Sadly this doesn't surprise me. I haven't checked the groups I am in but they're probably gone too. Maybe we should all delete Facebook? I am tempted for sure.

I don't think any action has been taken yet. The announcement was just that Facebook was "going to" or was "considering", I believe. The group I belong to is still functioning.

Bobby

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 14, 2008
    Muncie/New Castle
    I was an admin for Indiana Gun Post. We had over 20,000 members and little or no problems. Facebook deleted our group this morning. I feel sorry for anyone who had deals pending.

Were you given a reason for why the group was deleted? It makes me wonder what criteria Facebook is using to delete some but not all the gun groups. Or, are they gradually eliminating the gun groups as to minimize the controversy?

Roadie

Modus InHiatus
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Beech Grove
    Really not surprised by this at all..
    FB is very obviously a Progressive leaning site. I have been banned for posing a link to a CNN article about Saudi Clerics endorsing child marriage (they deemed it "Hate Speech"). Then I was banned during an anti gun argument when I said that an anti "must want guns banned because he preferred his victims unarmed" (that one was "harassment")

By contrast telling gun owners to go shoot themselves, or posting you hope a gun owner's child gets killed, etc, "it doesn't violate our Community Standards."

hopper68

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Nov 15, 2011
    Pike County
    One group I was in had gun in the title-gone this morning.

One group changed name, dropped gun-still there.

Local VFD gun raffle (52 guns, 1 a week) dropped gun out of description just to be safe.

Top Bottom