• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • spec4

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 19, 2010
    NWI
    Guess this thread is moving into an investment discussion. Fine by me. We use facebook for picture sharing with relatives. I have enough info on it so old friends can locate me, but not so anyone knows my travel plans, financial situation, etc. I pretty much don't put anything out there that I don't care if the world sees.

CHCRandy

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 16, 2013
    Hendricks County
    Guess this thread is moving into an investment discussion. Fine by me. We use facebook for picture sharing with relatives. I have enough info on it so old friends can locate me, but not so anyone knows my travel plans, financial situation, etc. I pretty much don't put anything out there that I don't care if the world sees.

Sorry for the hijack. I didn't mean to disrupt your original topic.

I don't have Facebook, Twitter or any of that Snapchat stuff. I imagine a lot of people who have the page with no information is people who are kind of forced to join. They don't really want to be on Facebook, but they really would like to win that free gift contest that you have to be a Facebook subscriber to enter, or they want to spy on someone who is on Facebook. My website guy always tries to get me to start a Facebook and Twitter account to link to my website.....but I just am not interested in that. I have enough family drama without that.

Seems like once a month I get to play referee between my family who unfriend each other, or whatever it is you do when you get mad at someone.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    Sorry for the hijack. I didn't mean to disrupt your original topic.

I don't have Facebook, Twitter or any of that Snapchat stuff. I imagine a lot of people who have the page with no information is people who are kind of forced to join. They don't really want to be on Facebook, but they really would like to win that free gift contest that you have to be a Facebook subscriber to enter, or they want to spy on someone who is on Facebook. My website guy always tries to get me to start a Facebook and Twitter account to link to my website.....but I just am not interested in that. I have enough family drama without that.

Seems like once a month I get to play referee between my family who unfriend each other, or whatever it is you do when you get mad at someone.
    That's me... I use a fake name, and have no Facebook friends (not even DoggyMama). I belong to a couple of "groups" (A curio and relic group and a group for TGI Friday's Keystone at the Crossing employees from the 80's and 90's), and I've "liked" a couple of gun-related company sites for the reasons you stated - contests and special offers. What really made me join was so I could read the comments on a lot of news sites since most of them moved their comment sections to their Facebook pages. It's good for when my blood pressure seems low and I need to raise it. :):

Brian Ski

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 13, 2014
    Michiana
    There is a lady on the Beech Grove community pages that says I must be a member of ISIS because I don't have a picture of myself that she can access.

Find a cute chick pic on the net and use it.

For me, I don't have a picture of me, and I do not use my real name. I always thought it was strange to give a bunch of strangers my info. Yet people will give their name, where they live, where they work and went to school. Yet are freaked out over their SS number getting out in the world. If you think using the privacy helps, eh maybe a little.

Frank_N_Stein

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    79   0   0
    Nov 24, 2008
    Beech Grove, IN

For me, I don't have a picture of me, and I do not use my real name. I always thought it was strange to give a bunch of strangers my info. Yet people will give their name, where they live, where they work and went to school. Yet are freaked out over their SS number getting out in the world. If you think using the privacy helps, eh maybe a little.

I use my real name, well my first name is my nickname but my last name is real. Don't list my real job but have on there where I went to high school and college. You're right, some people post every single detail about themselves and leave their information accessible to everyone that wants to look.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    I have pics of me shooting or teaching guns.

Anti-gunners sometimes feel it necessary to make comments.
    I sometimes feel it necessary to make comments back.
    Then I get blocked.
    :rofl:

Trigger Time

Air guitar master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98.6%
    204   3   0
    Aug 26, 2011
    SOUTH of Zombie city

And you gotta love it when people post where they are online in REAL TIME! Like hey I'm not home, go rob me now and you wont get shot.
    Or for any crooks online who happen to find your active picture with the actual clothes you are wearing and maybe even the restaurant you are eating at, while on vacation, which probably means you have a lot of cash on you or accessible, ... to just come and mug you.
    People have not op or famsec. None nada. Dumb dumb dumb

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    And you gotta love it when people post where they are online in REAL TIME! Like hey I'm not home, go rob me now and you wont get shot.
    Or for any crooks online who happen to find your active picture with the actual clothes you are wearing and maybe even the restaurant you are eating at, while on vacation, which probably means you have a lot of cash on you or accessible, ... to just come and mug you.
    People have not op or famsec. None nada. Dumb dumb dumb

Yes, no OPSEC.

Top Bottom