• Tin Cup

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 14, 2009
    Michiana
    I just read this article
    Fact-Checking the NRA Press Conference - Yahoo! News

They did a great job of proving the NRA's facts were wrong......They gave a fact and said "This true.." "this is true" This is also true. My favorite part was when they talked about Obama cutting the budget for school security and after saying "this is true" they brought up Clinton and him putting more police on the streets. What does that have to do with Obama cutting grants for "securing our schools"

The article linked this Do Armed Civilians Stop Mass Shooters? Actually, No. | Mother Jones

And this article wasn't much better. "As I reported recently in our in-depth investigation, not one of the 62 mass shootings in the United States over the last 30 years has been stopped this way." Couldn't it be that the good guys with the guns you talk about later in the article stopped a shooting from turning into a "mass shooting"

really??

AJMD429

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 25, 2009
    Good point - an armed citizen stops what WOULD have been a mass-shooting, and it is not news. Thus mass shootings all happen where there are no armed citizens, i.e. in gun-free zones. The anti-gun types are just too stupid to grasp such incredibly difficult concepts...

netsecurity

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Oct 14, 2011
    Hancock County
    Mother Jones is a communist operation. Every shooting with more than four victims only succeeded because they met no resistance, and were likely in a gun free zone. Every time an armed citizen acts their are less than four killed.

VERT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 4, 2009
    Seymour
    Read through it. I fail to see how they refuted any of the NRAs "Facts". Overall not a very well written piece.

VERT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 4, 2009
    Seymour
    In the article about arm citizens stopping mass shooters the one that rll stood out was the refrence to Mark Wilson. For those of you who don't know the story Google it. Mark Wilson was a hero and is recognized as such.

Top Bottom