• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • hornadylnl

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008
    Ok, I'm talking about mine or the lack thereof. Ya, I'm overweight but even at my skinniest, I've had issues with chafing. A guy at work mentioned using deodorant in the areas that rub. Anyone else tried this? I've never heard of it before.

kevman65

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 10, 2010
    Indy
    Just to clarify, I am rotund, I work construction, I get hot and sweat. In the building I'm currently working it goes from 100 to 125 during the work day. I have worked in an active steel mill right next to an operating steel press with red hot steel coming out. It was about 145 where we had to work closest to it.

So with those qualifiers, put liberal amounts of either of those items in your shorts and pants and chafing will ease up.

Dad used to call it jungle rot, he was in Korea. Said it would fester in the heat and freeze and fall off in the cold :n00b:

sepe

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 15, 2010
    Accra, Ghana
    I've got pretty big legs from a lot of heavy squatting for years. I'd have issues with my football girdle. Really wish the compression girdles would've been around back then. Gold Bond and similar sort of work. BodyGlide would be your best bet or maybe could check out long compression boxer briefs.

rtm

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2011
    AandD ointment it is foolproof, this stuff stops chafing or heals already chafed skin

! twitty

Master
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    May 1, 2011
    NE Indy
    Yes, I have used deodorant in the past. Just use the spray on kind and it is easy as heck to use. You can also get compression shorts such as Under Armor.

sepe

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 15, 2010
    Accra, Ghana
    Yes, I have used deodorant in the past. Just use the spray on kind and it is easy as heck to use. You can also get compression shorts such as Under Armor.

Must make sure you're getting heat gear (not that the cold gear should still be on shelves) or you'll need something to take care of the lovely cheese made from your bean bag sweat.

Bunnykid68

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Mar 2, 2010
    Cave of Caerbannog
    Compression shorts ot whatever they are called.
    Thats what some of the high schools tell their football players to use insetad of jock straps. Never heard my boy complaining about is junk and legs rubbin raw.

sepe

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 15, 2010
    Accra, Ghana
    Compression shorts ot whatever they are called.
    Thats what some of the high schools tell their football players to use insetad of jock straps. Never heard my boy complaining about is junk and legs rubbin raw.

Yep, many schools are using compression girdles these days and those that aren't...many kids choose compression shorts under their pants. The days I've got class in the winter I'll wear Under Armour Cold Gear leggings under my jeans. Keeps you plenty warm and they're really comfortable. Even just WalMart compression shorts (not sure if they still sell Starter stuff) were something I'd wear when I was spending a couple hours a day, 3 days a week in the gym.

If you choose compression shorts and find it makes your crack sweat a bit more, Gold Bond your booty meat. The green bottle makes for a nice burn.

PS. The gym I worked out in considered compression shorts and sports bras a pair of shorts and a "tank top" when worn by the handful of really hot chicks. Made for plenty of motivation to hit the cardio/weight machine room.

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 1, 2009
    Grant County
    Another vote from me for the A & D Ointment. I look out the window sideways and sweat pours out of me. The ointment is the only thing I've found that always works.

Dead Duck

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    Apr 1, 2011
    Didn't know I could hold my breath that long.
    This thread STINKS!! :eek:

I've always used Air Conditioning myself.

You are all right. Every body's different. I hate not catching something in time then your stuck with it the rest of the day.
    Working in the heat reminds me of the "football" days.

Top Bottom