• ...and so much more!
  • 42769vette

Grandmaster
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    52   0   0
    Oct 6, 2008
    south of richmond in
    There are a ton of those little baggies downtown...you just need to be in the right neighborhood! :dunno:

I dont go "downtown" often, but did this summer for a graduation. I crossed the street by, and wehn I got to the other side, there was a small purse laying there. I started yelling at the people who I had passed asking "did anyone drop this" thinking the person couldnt have gone far. I decided to open it quick to look for an ID and mabye recognize someone. I opened the purse, and there were probably 0 of the same little baggies full of ????? (not pot). My son in law walked up (state cop) and I threw it in the trash. He knew it wasn't mine, I knew it wasn't mine, but standing beside a cop holding a lot of dope will scare the hell out of you, even if he saw you pick it up and find the right owner.

On a side note, I bet someone's friday night did not go as planned. I dont know much about drug prices, but he said it was probably a couple grand.

Thor

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 18, 2014
    Could be anywhere
    No. It's a cardboard box; I'm buying a gun. That crap will go out with the first trash cycle. It may mean something to you...it means jack diddly boo to me; keep it if you want but I won't pay more for it. If I kept all the trash associated with my weapons I'd have to build a new garage; and that ain't gonna happen.

Sniper 79

Master
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Oct 7, 2012
    Nope only thing I keep is the gun rest is for the garbage man. Neighbors just had a pile of hard rifle cases and long gun boxes out for pickup.

Sigblitz

Grandmaster
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 25, 2018
    Indianapolis
    I save the boxes, and they do take up some room. But a 1 of 350 6920, or an old unfired A2, or a limited edition S&W, I also want to hang onto the box. And as noted upthread, the paperwork stays with the box out of harm's way.

71silverbullet

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Oct 30, 2010
    Southern, In
    Who doesn't like to play with the box the baby came in?
    I keep all hand gun boxes, I've seen some Smith revolvers bring as much as $400 more with the box, especially the older cardboard boxes. I've also seen a few forgeries on ther old Snakes.

Last edited:

indyjohn

PATRIOT
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    78   0   0
    Dec 26, 2010
    In the trees
    All that came with the firearm, always. So when it becomes an icon, I can sell it for a massive profit.

Problem is, I will never sell it. Ever.

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    Depends on the box. If a factory plastic case, then of course it’s saved. If it’s a surplus gun that came in a generic box, and the box is nicely padded inside, I’ll hold on to it if I don’t already have one or two. Those boxes are nice to have when doing a face to face sale of a gun that you don’t have a case for.

I don’t buy many long arms new but the couple that I did, I saved the box just to make shipping easier if I ever need to. Same goes for plastic cases on long arms as with pistol cases. Those always get saved.

Ziggy01

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    57   0   0
    Nov 16, 2010
    Yes, I personally save box and everything that comes with a new firearm. I also prefer purchasing a used firearm with a box. I wouldn’t walk away from something I wanted but I definitely prefer having the original box.

doddg

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    135   0   1
    May 15, 2017
    Indianapolis
    One of the first questions I ask if it is not in the ad: "Do you have the original box/case, manual/paperwork it came with?"
    I feel a tad more secure about the gun if it does.
    I have not bought a gun before b/c a person had nothing and it raised a red flag.
    Also, if the handgun or rifle does not come with the original materials and is not priced where I want, I use that for leverage in my counter, unless it someone I know on INGO, then I am not concerned about it.

Every rifle I have ever bought (except from the shop), has not come with a box.
    I had to buy 3 rifle hard cases in the last few weeks & 1 before that when I started my rifle journey.
    One was for a rifle I sold and another for one I'm going to sell, and will eat the $30 cost.
    Even when I sell a handgun, I'll buy a softcase for it (Cabelas usually has a shopping cart full of them on sale; Point Blank in Greenwood has the same).

I think it's tacky to sell a gun in a sock or just hand someone a rifle, but I'm guilty of it myself when it comes to handguns before I started putting them in a soft case.
    Just the other day I bought 4 used hard cases for handguns for my own use for guns I'd bought w/o any cases.

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    I've saved some boxes, but I never gave much thought to them. Before this past year, I had not considered that I would be selling a significant number of personal possessions, so retaining the packaging for a potential buyer who prefers to receive it was never on my radar. I now regret that I didn't save more boxes and store them in a place where I could retrieve them when needed. Of the boxes I was able to produce for recent sales, it has been pure luck that I still had them and that I was able to get them.

Top Bottom