• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Raskolnikov

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 24, 2012
    Indianapolis
    I have wanted a Kahr P380 for a while, and I have found one for $419. By some act of God, I happen to have a spare $419 lying around! It is a factory demo model and only comes with one magazine. Since it has been used, it only carries a one-year warranty. I have heard that Kahr refurbishes these pistols and replaces any part that needs replacing. Has anyone purchased a factory demo Kahr? Any notable problems? Do you think it is wise to purchase this gun for $419, or is it better to buy a new one for $100-200 more? Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated!

Solitaire

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Oct 8, 2012
    Indy
    After having owned several Kahrs, and having various problems with them (mags falling out, failures to feed, rounds popping out of loaded mags), I don't think it's a good idea to buy ANY Kahr.

Apparently some people own Kahrs that work. They are a mixed bag at best. Not something I'd trust my life to.

:twocents:

shooter521

Certified Glock Nut
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    May 13, 2008
    Indianapolis, IN US
    We get the factory demo Kahrs in whenever we can, and have sold good numbers of them in the last year. Most have been test-fired only and have very little evidence of wear. We have had a couple (not .380s) that have had to go back to the factory for various reasons, and Kahr Arms has addressed the issues in a very timely and satisfactory fashion.

I personally have owned 7 different Kahr pistols over the past 10 years, and they have all been very reliable.

My :twocents:

vitamink

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    46   0   0
    Mar 19, 2010
    INDY
    I'm a big fan of kahr. My pm9 is one of my best shooters. ALL Kahrs require you to put 200 rounds through them before they run flawlessly. A used Kahr just saved you the trouble of doing it yourself.

That being said...

I'm not a fan of the 380, in any handgun, not because i think the bullet isn't adequate, i just have always had FTF issues. I've owned a p380, LCP, the Keltec, etc and have always had some minor issues with that caliber. Out of all of them I liked the Kahr the best.

drillsgt

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    108   0   0
    Nov 29, 2009
    Sioux Falls, SD
    We get the factory demo Kahrs in whenever we can, and have sold good numbers of them in the last year. Most have been test-fired only and have very little evidence of wear. We have had a couple (not .380s) that have had to go back to the factory for various reasons, and Kahr Arms has addressed the issues in a very timely and satisfactory fashion.

I personally have owned 7 different Kahr pistols over the past 10 years, and they have all been very reliable.

My :twocents:

I bought one of these demo P380's and it worked great with FMJ's and HP's, I eventually sold it but carry my CM9 which again has worked great as has every Kahr I have ever owned to include K9's, P9's, K40's, and CW9's.

Top Bottom