• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Joe Williams

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 26, 2008
    Yes, they do. Nowadays, I believe they come in a red box instead of blue. Could be backwards on that, though. When I bought my P239 a number of years ago, it just had a little paper blue band around the grip.

Couldn't tell it apart from new, an awesome way to get the next best thing to new at a heck of a discount.

Mr.Guido

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 9, 2010
    Central Indiana
    just curious , I have seen a couple on here with blue boxes and I have a Sig I bought new about 15 years ago , the plastic case it came in was black , so the blue one made me curious.

Colt556

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Feb 12, 2009
    Avon
    My old 228 and 220 came in silver and blue cardboard boxes respectively. My 229s came in blue plastic cases.

mconley

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Aug 17, 2008
    Hendricks Co.
    My P-220 came in a black case and I am not an LEO , and I bought it new at PSS about 15 years ago.

colors have changed over the years, I dont even think that 15 yrs ago they had different pricing for their leo market, Kinda like glock red sticker on the box or blue sticker on the box. one is LEO and comes blue sticker with 3 mags at a price of 398.00 for standard sights and 479.00 for trijicon night sights.
    Where as the civilian glocks come with red stickers , 2 mags, 509ish for civilan standards and 598ish for glock night sights ( not trijicon ).

It usally a way to mark condition and or price seperation between civilan and LEO

mconley

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Aug 17, 2008
    Hendricks Co.
    sigs box colors are
    blue=new
    red=recondition
    black=LEO
    silver= who the hell knows . lol

anyway, that does not mean that you cannot pick up a used blackbox at your local gun shop. Alot of dept. allow their guys to buy their duty weapons when the dept upgrades, the officer retires or leaves due to injury on the job, or even is some cases when the dept has surplus. When this happens these guys get a heck of a deal, most of the time for half of what the dept paid for them, and they can usally buy more than one if the dept is upgrading or surplus. If a LEO buys 3 guns and has 200-300 in his glocks or sigs alot of gun shops will allow alot more trade value than what the LEO paid for the weapons, the shop owner is happy and the LEO is happy, its a win win

LawDog76

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 31, 2010
    Brownsburg
    Yes, they do. Nowadays, I believe they come in a red box instead of blue. Could be backwards on that, though. When I bought my P239 a number of years ago, it just had a little paper blue band around the grip.

Couldn't tell it apart from new, an awesome way to get the next best thing to new at a heck of a discount.

The recondition ones have a red wrapper around the grip instead of a blue one.

Products & Services

Joe Williams

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 26, 2008
    The recondition ones have a red wrapper around the grip instead of a blue one.

Products & Services

Reckon it could have been, but I remember mine being blue, with an note about it being a refurb. It was 7 or 8 years ago, though, so they could have changed, or I'm mis-remembering. Either way, I paid somewhere between $400 and $450 for my P239, and it looked and functioned like new. I highly recommend this route for folks looking for a way to get into a Sig without spending the big bucks for a brand new one.

LawDog76

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 31, 2010
    Brownsburg
    Alot of dept. allow their guys to buy their duty weapons when the dept upgrades, the officer retires or leaves due to injury on the job, or even is some cases when the dept has surplus.

Or when a department buys a new P220 non rail for every Deputy then three months later they decide they want their officers using a P220 with rails and sell the "old" ones off at $300 each. Great use of tax dollars there. Atleast some people got a hell of a good deal.

jbhummer2

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    north central IN
    I bought one that was gone through by them and I had to put all new springs in it and the mag springs were bad. I am still ahead on the deal but I wont do it again. I will say a plus one for Midwest gun exchange for the help on getting it fixed. They were a lot of help!

Colt556

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Feb 12, 2009
    Avon
    I just picked up a refurbished P226 in the red box. It looks new, has night sights, rail, new grips and 2 15rd mags. Very nice pistol. I just don't like the DA trigger. I wish it were like my other SIGS.

CountryBoy19

Grandmaster
    Rating - 91.7%
    11   1   0
    Nov 10, 2008
    Bedford, IN
    Blue=New
    Red-Reconditioned
    Black=? I know law enforcement models came in black
    Silver= wish I knew ,My P220 came in silver box
    +1

Silver is the old school box... most likely a gun in a silver box will say made in West Germany...

Black is LEO IIRC, and yes, civvys can buy LEO guns. I've bought a NIB LEO trade-in gun that came in a black-box before.

Sometimes they have a new one sitting on the shelf and they trade it in when they upgrade, and the dealer passes it along.

Chippp1961

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Dec 11, 2009
    Southern Indiana
    +1

Silver is the old school box... most likely a gun in a silver box will say made in West Germany...

Black is LEO IIRC, and yes, civvys can buy LEO guns. I've bought a NIB LEO trade-in gun that came in a black-box before.

Sometimes they have a new one sitting on the shelf and they trade it in when they upgrade, and the dealer passes it along.

Silver Box=P220 with German proof marks
    I bought my 228 from a Deputy that purchased it from his department when they updated,Black box MARKED Law enforcement

Colt556

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Feb 12, 2009
    Avon
    Just picked up this P226 Refurb in a plastic red box. It has a rail, NS and a DAK trigger. I can't tell it from new.

IMG_9440.jpg

IMG_9441.jpg

Top Bottom