• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • J man

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Defiance, OH area
    Who is buying factory reloaded ammo and using it? Who are the better ones to buy from? For those who currently can not reload our own, is the savings worth it vs factory new?

U.S. Patriot

Grandmaster
    Rating - 87.5%
    7   1   0
    Jan 30, 2009
    Columbus
    Blackhills makes good factory reloaded ammo. I have never had an issue with it out of my .223. Though, I found lake city to be just as accurate out of my AR.

mospeada

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Sep 5, 2008
    Bloomington
    Savings? Sometimes you can save money on it, though lately, I've seen factory new ammo for about what some reloading places are charging for reloads, so YMMV. So a 1k purchase of Aguila or Prvi Partizan .45ACP can be had for under $300, Federal for $330. Most of the factory reload places can't match that for 230g FMJ round nose.

There are those that will point out that certain factory reloads are better quality or made in America or whatever. I'm just answering the cost question.

I've bought factory reloads from http://georgia-arms.com/ and was pleased with the quality. They are slow getting it to you though.

At this point, I think I'd go to Andrew at Profire who's a site supporter/advertiser and has many fans on this forum. I don't know his turnaround time on orders and I've not shot any of his ammo (though I would gladly test some if he were to send me a box :0).

Alas, I reload pretty much all my ammo except for SD rounds.

Top Bottom