• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Tula47

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    Jun 28, 2013
    Knox Co.
    I picked up these grips a while back from an estate. I was wondering if they are factory? I assume they make replica grips with the Smith medallion? How do you tell the difference? Their value? I believe the two large sets are for N frames and smaller set are for L frames. Any help would be great, thanks!

Attachments

• smith grips.jpg
      smith grips.jpg
      273.2 KB · Views: 21

ECS686

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 9, 2017
    Brazil
    Mint condition to the right person fetch a decent price (usually around 60 to 80 for factory).

Problem is there are boxes upon boxes of slightly or little used oringinal grips. Most of us (from the mid 80s etc) replaced them with Hogue, Pacmayr, Bill Davis etc. So that market might be crowded as you can rework wood on older sets without a lot of effort.

drillsgt

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    108   0   0
    Nov 29, 2009
    Sioux Falls, SD
    Mint condition to the right person fetch a decent price (usually around 60 to 80 for factory).

Problem is there are boxes upon boxes of slightly or little used oringinal grips. Most of us (from the mid 80s etc) replaced them with Hogue, Pacmayr, Bill Davis etc. So that market might be crowded as you can rework wood on older sets without a lot of effort.
    Those look like factory grips, the aftermarkets are pretty easy to spot, but 60-80.00 is pretty low for today's market.

Magnum314

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    50   0   0
    Jan 12, 2010
    Central Indiana
    Those look like factory grips, the aftermarkets are pretty easy to spot, but 60-80.00 is pretty low for today's market.
    I would have to agree. I sold a pair of mint, unused factory grips from a 686 YEARS ago and they fetched $125. It all depends on who is looking and what they are looking for.

Top Bottom