• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Jeckle

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 25, 2010
    Greenwood
    I took a friend and my son to Atterbury Friday afternoon to shoot. My son and I are frequent flyers down there, it was my friend's first time. Long story short, I had my friend start out shooting my AMT 380.

Note: I post this fully prepared to face the inevitable ridicule I will likely take for owning this gun.

Long story short, FTF's in this gun are not this uncommon in this gun regardless of type of ammo. After about fifteen shots, two of which were FTF's the Extractor pin and spring came out, the round in the chamber did not fire and the gun tried to feed the next round anyway. I was able to get the magazine out and remove the chambered round that did not fire, with some difficulty. I managed this, of course, without pointing the muzzle anywhere but down range.

I bought this gun used a couple of years ago and only have about 500 rounds through it. I never carry it and and do not use it as my primary defense weapon. I'm not sure if anything else is damaged internally because I haven't taken it down yet. For those who have experience with this little gem, you'll understand why. I'm also not sure of what I am going to do with yet it either. If it's too much to fix it, it might be done.

The parts themselves are less than $20.00, if it's only those two. Just not sure of how much a gunsmith would charge to fix it. Wanted to get your thoughts and experiences as my first course of action.

Thanks in advance.

gunman41mag

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 1, 2011
    SOUTH of YOU
    I took a friend and my son to Atterbury Friday afternoon to shoot. My son and I are frequent flyers down there, it was my friend's first time. Long story short, I had my friend start out shooting my AMT 380.

Note: I post this fully prepared to face the inevitable ridicule I will likely take for owning this gun.

Long story short, FTF's in this gun are not this uncommon in this gun regardless of type of ammo. After about fifteen shots, two of which were FTF's the Extractor pin and spring came out, the round in the chamber did not fire and the gun tried to feed the next round anyway. I was able to get the magazine out and remove the chambered round that did not fire, with some difficulty. I managed this, of course, without pointing the muzzle anywhere but down range.

I bought this gun used a couple of years ago and only have about 500 rounds through it. I never carry it and and do not use it as my primary defense weapon. I'm not sure if anything else is damaged internally because I haven't taken it down yet. For those who have experience with this little gem, you'll understand why. I'm also not sure of what I am going to do with yet it either. If it's too much to fix it, it might be done.

The parts themselves are less than $20.00, if it's only those two. Just not sure of how much a gunsmith would charge to fix it. Wanted to get your thoughts and experiences as my first course of action.

Thanks in advance.

I had a AMT 380, & it fired fine:dunno:

Jeckle

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 25, 2010
    Greenwood
    I have put at least 2500 rounds through my primary gun with out one FTF, so after the first with the AMT I did a little research online. From what I read, quality is hit or miss with that gun. I like shooting it and have tried Winchester, American Eagle and most recently Blazer with about the same results. All have produced some FTF's. Obviously not being the original owner, I don't know how it was cared for before I bought it.

hueycrew

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 6, 2010
    Cabot
    Hmmm, an RG. I have one too. Its in awful shape however, it still functions.
    At a recent USPSA match (I was the RO) a shooter had a malfunction. His extractor came off. We never found it. New G 17.

That aside. Things break. How much is the pistol worth to you. That is the question. Call AMT, I'm sure they have a customer service person. My charter arms revo (bought used)was acting up. Sent an email, got a reply in 24 hours with a name and phone number. Called and problem fixed. I'd call first with a great story about how much you love the pistol and how much you want it to be right again. Never know what you will get until you ask.

Top Bottom