• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • rhed07

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 9, 2013
    Indy
    Hi all!,virgin asker-be gentle. Due to my prowess at deer hunting: after shotgun season last year ,I borrowed a muzzleloader. Despite several,several ( I swear) several close calls...I added a crossbow to the slaying arsenal. This year I have arrived at a Rossi single shot 44(insert French Model jokes here),and thought more chances would be afforded by a legal pistol. I've been offered a Raging bull 6inch black with 100 rounds for $600. Should I just invest in a small garden plot,or go for it?

KJQ6945

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Aug 5, 2012
    Texas
    Have you considered that maybe your a closet vegetarian. (Not that there's anything wrong with that). By all means buy the raging bull, you can always use it to scare the crows away from your garden.

And, welcome aboard.

rhed07

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 9, 2013
    Indy
    Vegetarian or not,(Not that there's anything wrong with that); don't you mean" you're" a closet vegetarian? It's a contraction. Want to trade venison for some superior compost, or grammar tutoring? I know a guy.

Twangbanger

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Oct 9, 2010
    Welcome...I haven't done an exhaustive market study on Taurus revolvers, but that sounds a little high for a used one. I'd look around for used Smiths if you're already prepared to lay out that much. You might have some downside potential there if you buy at that price and move on to something else (which it looks like you've done a couple times already), and generally, there shouldn't be any downside potential in buying a used revolver, unless you've abused the hell out of it.

KJQ6945

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Aug 5, 2012
    Texas
    Vegetarian or not,(Not that there's anything wrong with that); don't you mean" you're" a closet vegetarian? It's a contraction. Want to trade venison for some superior compost, or grammar tutoring? I know a guy.

I only take grammar lessons from strawberry blond gnomes with bright red beards. Sorry, a guy has to have standards.

Know any gnomes? Ehhhhhhhh?

rhed07

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 9, 2013
    Indy
    I believe the preferred nomenclature is "little people", or is it gnomenclature? I'd leave those grammar Nazis alone, despite all the half off prices on their clothes-they can be quite short with people.

mrjarrell

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 18, 2009
    Hamilton County
    $600 isn't a bad price. They go for about $750 new. If it's in good condition and doesn't have a million rounds through it, I'd say you're getting a decent enough deal on a good hunting revolver.

Mgderf

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    May 30, 2009
    Lafayette
    The price is a little high, but then again the ammo is probably worth $125.
    If it's in good shape I'd say go for it.

You'll like the Raging Bull if you decide to get it.

I have the brushed stainless 8-3/8" ported model, and I wouldn't trade it or sell it for anything.

Top Bottom