• ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

Mikeh82

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 21, 2009
    Just a heads up to all the sellers and buyers on here... I have heard of 4 people getting caught in a sting operation for selling guns across state lines in the last 2 weeks.. I live in Southern IN. and all the ones I have heard about is from IN to KY and KY to IN...

I think most of us on here follow the rules but this is just a fair warning for the ones who dont..

melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Far West Suburban Lowellabama
    I don't think you should give idiots warnings.

If people break the law they should be slapped down by the law.

The folks who break the laws are giving the rest of us honest folks a 'black eye' and playing to the shrill voices of the Brady Campaign and the Mayors Against Illegal Guns and other similar groups.

Screw the folks who break the law, let them get arrested. They are doing us harm and deserve nothing from us other than contempt.

deanr

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 29, 2010
    Kendallville, Indiana
    Not that I am condoning breaking the law, but for those that do private sales do you check the buyer's ID or look at the plates on the vehicle that they arrived in?

This is one of the reasons that when I have sold a handgun in the past I go to a dealer to sell it. Yes I am not going to get the same ammount as if I were to sell it to someone, but it takes out the selling to a proper person for me.

DocBoCook

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 16, 2010
    Clermont
    Drivers license for long guns, +LTCH for Pistols should be a must. If you sell out of state, you get what you deserve. Although, Should I need a FRL(Federal Refridgerator License) to sell my fridge across state lines too? Just sayin.:twocents:

melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Far West Suburban Lowellabama
    Not that I am condoning breaking the law, but for those that do private sales do you check the buyer's ID ...

One way or another I make sure the person to whom I sell is a proper person. Typically by asking them to produce a valid LTCH. They can't get that without passing a background check and being a Hoosier. I don't care to write your information down, I do care that you are legally able to buy a gun in a private sale. That said, I almost never sell guns, but when I do I know you can buy from me.

We need to SET A PROPER EXAMPLE and not do stupid things.

If we do stupid things then we may end up on an anti-gun TV special like 20/20 or 60 Minutes, having been filmed by a hidden camera and giving ammunition to the anti-gun forces. If not caught on film we may be caught by police. Either way we play into the hands of the gun-grabbers who want to take away our rights. They are more than willing to say that we are not trustworthy, this type of activity proves them correct.

The whole issue of the GUN SHOW LOOPHOLE is what these people would exploit and it would eliminate ALL private transfers. So we have a few idiots who take guns to Kentucky and get busted, well those idiots are going to end up getting our rights to buy & sell curtailed. While I am rarely a seller I do collect some oddities and have done many via private sale. So again, no need to go through a dealer, but obviously no need to break the law.

Archbishop

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Mar 11, 2009
    INDY
    This is interesting. I won't mention any names, because I do believe who I'm dealing with is honest, bust just to add to the warning. I have shotgun for sale that someone has pmed a couple of times telling me he wants it, but there are some delays one of which is he doesn't have his IN residency yet, and could I sell it to a friend who will "hold' for him until he is a IN resident. I wished him the best of luck told him there will always be another deal, but what he proposed is highly illegal.
    So, could be nothing or it could be stings to the north too. (Oops forgot to mention, this person is a Michigan resident.)

printcraft

INGO Clown
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 14, 2008
    Uranus
    If it's fishy walk away. :nono:

People on this board would be foolish to think that the classifieds
    are not being monitored and "fished" for information.

:twocents:

JBusch8899

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 6, 2010
    Not everyone who can have a firearm, has a LTC.

At least in Indiana, the LTC can be easily forged or altered, whereas most people couldn't identify its authenticity anyway.

If I sell a firearm to anyone, I take due diligence and do the following:

• ask if they are a proper person to purchase and possess a firearm,
    • sign a receipt w/detailed description of/for the firearm, attesting to their proper person ability
    • record information of the buyer's government issued photo ID, as well as license plate number. Those are a bit harder to forge.

XDinmyXJ

Sharpshooter
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 30, 2009
    Columbus, IN
    We need to SET A PROPER EXAMPLE and not do stupid things.

My Jeep club preaches this same thing. Us responsible people are getting screwed over by the irresponsible morons. How are we supposed to get anything done without setting a proper example of how we should act?

Rep'd! :cheers:

Thumper

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 22, 2009
    South Indy
    I didnt "go after" a local dealer. they made their own bed. i covered my azz! you just made my point that those people that break the law deserve what they get.
    OK so you are an angel?I know Russ and the whole storey.Good luck to you and yours but you killed any dealings we might have finished.Bottom line i don't trust you.Ya have to earn respect not denand it.

Lars

Rifleman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 6, 2008
    Cedar Creek, TX
    Take it to PM's guys. If that doesn't work for you I encourage each of you to use the ignore button.

Why is that,You went after a local dealer.:dunno:

I didnt "go after" a local dealer. they made their own bed. i covered my azz! you just made my point that those people that break the law deserve what they get.

OK so you are an angel?I know Russ and the whole storey.Good luck to you and yours but you killed any dealings we might have finished.Bottom line i don't trust you.Ya have to earn respect not denand it.

Jack Ryan

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 2, 2008
    Sieg hiel! From your cold dead hands, don't tread on me, and the armed forces would never violate the constitution even under direct orders, and all that other baloney...

Pretty much what I'd expect. Nothing like standing together in opposition to an oppressive government, right buddies?:yesway: :rolleyes:

MBG

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 2, 2009
    Indy-SW
    Not everyone who can have a firearm, has a LTC.

At least in Indiana, the LTC can be easily forged or altered, whereas most people couldn't identify its authenticity anyway.

If I sell a firearm to anyone, I take due diligence and do the following:

• ask if they are a proper person to purchase and possess a firearm,
    • sign a receipt w/detailed description of/for the firearm, attesting to their proper person ability
    • record information of the buyer's government issued photo ID, as well as license plate number. Those are a bit harder to forge.

You seem to be of the tin-foil-hat crowd. I would encourage you NOT to try to take down other peoples license plate numbers or write down any personal info. I would not show you my Drivers license under ANY circumstances, you have no need for the information contained therein.

If you are not a LEO (and I am betting you are not) you would get no such cooperation from me. That said, after your paranoid display, I'll not only never follow any of your sales, but will disregard future postings.

People around here need to wake up to their double standards, they don't want their rights or privacy infringed but they think they can invade others privacy in the name of due diligence....

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom