• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Joe K

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Nov 18, 2012
    Anderson, IN
    I have been wanting to get a private membership as I am tired of the public range scene, I found this on a older thread and it is fairly close to my home is anyone a member? Any information good or bad would be appreciated. I am primarily a handgun guy so I am only interested in 25yds or less.

kenjb

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 23, 2009
    Indianapolis
    I am a member, and they have 100 yds, 50 yds, and 25 yd ranges, side by side. They are also working on a pistol only range to one side of the longer ranges.

I suggest you drive over there and check it out.

rockhopper46038

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    89   0   0
    May 4, 2010
    Fishers
    I have only shot there as a guest one time, but I found it a pleasant range and are considering joining it myself. The pistol bays were somewhat small, but serviceable. Being able to shoot center fire rifle there is a definite plus.

hntrdav

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 30, 2009
    Madison county
    I am not a member because i can shoot at home but have been thinking about it because I could shoot earlier in the morning. It is a nice place, there is a $50 initiation the first year plus the regular $50 yearly fee. you can't shoot in the afternoons on Tuesdays because the trap shoot goes over the rifle range.

j4jenk

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jun 27, 2012
    Madison County
    I'm a member. Nice place with 7, 10, 25, 50, and 100 yard lanes.

The good news is that there a lot of different shooting activities. The bad news is that the range is closed for those activities, so you always have to check the calendar before you plan your range visit.

Fishersjohn48

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Feb 19, 2009
    Fishers
    Used to be a member but quit due to frequent unannounced closings of the range for special events, private classes etc. I had hoped this had changed with the advent of group emails which they have been sending but after speaking to a current member, he has said he's done for the same continuing problem. I really enjoyed the people and the range on the times that I was able to actually use it but MULTIPLE trips from Fishers were wasted after checking the printed calendar and website only to find that an individual had the entire range closed for a private class. If the communication improved I would like to rejoin.

Harry2110

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 11, 2011
    Indianapolis
    Used to be a member but quit due to frequent unannounced closings of the range for special events, private classes etc. I had hoped this had changed with the advent of group emails which they have been sending but after speaking to a current member, he has said he's done for the same continuing problem. I really enjoyed the people and the range on the times that I was able to actually use it but MULTIPLE trips from Fishers were wasted after checking the printed calendar and website only to find that an individual had the entire range closed for a private class. If the communication improved I would like to rejoin.

Actually I just joined recently and was talking to steve after the meeting hes not the best with computers but hes trying to learn. Currently everything is done by hand like in the late 90 early 2000s. Me and tcbloodgood are trying to convince him to let us create a database system for the club. This would allow for easier tracking of members, payments, possible classes being offered, schedules, and closures. The best thing is you could theoretical have the database and website linked together to generate a live calendar on the site and possibly have the system automatically email or contact users if the range is going to be closed. I havent had time to talk to steve recently because of school to further go thru with a proposal about the system.

Mycroft

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 20, 2013
    Indianapolis area
    I was a member about 5-6 years ago and had the same experience as FishersJohn48. My last year I managed to shoot there twice because I can only shoot on weekends and the range was closed due to matches, etc... pretty much every weekend from April through November.
    I also drove up 2-3 times that year when the calendar showed an open range only to find out that a match was scheduled. The last time was the weekend before deer season, so I let my membership lapse.

Leo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 3, 2011
    Lafayette, IN
    Actually I just joined recently and was talking to steve after the meeting hes not the best with computers but hes trying to learn. Currently everything is done by hand like in the late 90 early 2000s. Me and tcbloodgood are trying to convince him to let us create a database system for the club. This would allow for easier tracking of members, payments, possible classes being offered, schedules, and closures. The best thing is you could theoretical have the database and website linked together to generate a live calendar on the site and possibly have the system automatically email or contact users if the range is going to be closed. I havent had time to talk to steve recently because of school to further go thru with a proposal about the system.

Harry, thanks for stepping up and being part of the solution. Most club officers are over worked and under appreciated. Being willing to apply your skills to streamline operations would be a big help. Anytime you do something for the good of the club and the good of the sport, you do a good thing. I wish everyone would follow your example.

verv

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 19, 2012
    I have also been looking into Fall Creek but I am also wanting a 600 yard range also for some good long distance practice. Anyone have an idea for one around Anderson.

xring62

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    Henry county
    Verv ,there is a range near Wabash ,a little drive time though,google a search,I forget the name..But there are few long range places to go.

Hop

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Jan 21, 2008
    Indy
    I'm a member too (still need to pay up for this year though). I've been a member for 10+ years now. I've also offered to help with the web page, twitter group to announce construction closings, facebook page, etc. The board members were interested but busy. I'll try to make the next Thursday night club meeting and bring it up again.

Harry2110

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 11, 2011
    Indianapolis
    Harry, thanks for stepping up and being part of the solution. Most club officers are over worked and under appreciated. Being willing to apply your skills to streamline operations would be a big help. Anytime you do something for the good of the club and the good of the sport, you do a good thing. I wish everyone would follow your example.
    Im almost caught back up as well so maybe over this summer thru next fall I can see if I can find a solution that would work for the club as it seems that if one were implemented like I thought then alot of people would come back as well. I have also had the experience of getting all the way there to find out the range was closed for the weekend with really no notice.

I'm a member too (still need to pay up for this year though). I've been a member for 10+ years now. I've also offered to help with the web page, twitter group to announce construction closings, facebook page, etc. The board members were interested but busy. I'll try to make the next Thursday night club meeting and bring it up again.

Man Im out of town otherwise I would love to go unless your talking about the 21st. If thats the case Ill have to see if I could get a ride up there. As really if you could just show them the post on ingo about members quitting because of the schedule issues.

Last edited:

boozoo

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 21, 2009
    NE Indy
    It seemed to me to be a great club if you want to join in on all the classes they offer and/or be part of organized activities. They have so many interesting looking classes, group activities, trap shooting, you name it.

if you're wanting to just have an available range to go shoot "whenever" like I did, it doesn't work out so well unless you have very flexible hours.

Great group for what it offers.... just wasn't what I was looking for. I should probably move out in the country and set up my own lane. It's only way I'll be happy. :):

verv

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 19, 2012
    Thank you xring62 for the information I will be looking into that as soon as i get my AR done.

Top Bottom